[OutVoice] QMH for July: The Sonia & Disappear Interview

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 2 13:46:46 CDT 2010

QMH for July: The Sonia & Disappear Interview
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/jul2010.html

I'm very pleased this month to bring you a special two-hour career interview with SONiA. SONiA Rutstein and her sister Cindy Frank released their first album as Disappear Fear in 1988, and in various incarnations twelve more albums followed over the years. We start off with her new album “Blood, Bones & Baltimore,” which is a visit to Blues Americana and a delight. And my site features an extensive gallery of her recordings.

Part 1 – 57:43
SONiA & Disappear Fear – Biggest Baddest Heart (2010)
SONiA Interview (2010)
SONiA & Disappear Fear – Pack of Newport (2010)
SONiA & Disappear Fear – Don’t Make me Wrong (2010)
SONiA & Disappear Fear – You Got Me (2010)
Girl Friday – Back to Back (1984)
Disappear Fear – From Baltimore to Anywhere (1988)
Disappear Fear – Christmas Makes Me Realize (1988)
Disappear Fear – Sexual Telepathy (1989)
Disappear Fear – Box of Tissues (1992)
Disappear Fear – Moment of Glory (1994)
Disappear Fear – Who’s So Scared (1994)
Disappear Fear – BYOG (Bring Your Own God) (1996)
SONiA & Disappear Fear – Call Me SONiA (2010)

Part 2 – 61:47
SONiA of Disappear Fear – Fallin’ (1998)
SONiA & Disappear Fear - Cayendo (Fallin’) (2007)
SONiA of Disappear Fear – Me, Too (1999)
Mark Weigle & SONiA – Other Houses (2000)
SONiA – I Just Don’t Know What To Do With Myself (2000)
SONiA – No Bomb Is Smart (2004)
SONiA – No Bomb Is Smart (Pop Radio Dance Mix) (2006)
SONiA – Won’t Let Go (2004)
SONiA – Obviously (2005)
SONiA & Disappear Fear – Is There Anybody Here (2005)
SONiA & Disappear Fear – By My Silence (2008)
Laura Cerulli Comment (2010)
Sarah Pinsker – Sweet & Strange (2000)
Sam Weiser & SONiA – Rise (2010)
SONiA of Disappear Fear – Grass For The Lamb (1999)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/jul2010.html

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com
http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com
And co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 200 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
All segments of all three shows are archived