[OutVoice] Winsome Griffles in NYC

Larry-bob larrybob at io.com
Tue Nov 7 13:47:37 CST 2006

The band I'm in, the Winsome Griffles, is playing at the afterparty for
the Mix experimental queer film fest in Brooklyn on November 12.
Details on the gig follow.  We're a trio with piano, bass and banjo,
and drums, and play a variety of Americana music with a queer twist.

Our myspace page is at http://www.myspace.com/winsomegriffles and
has some demo songs -- please be our friend!

Larry-bob

--

Sunday Nov 12, 10pm til ???
The Winsome Griffles (SF)

De Stijl Music presents the Official MIX festival afterparty,
featuring live music from The Winsome Griffles (from San Francisco) and
Rise NYC.
All MIX badgeholders and closing night ticket holders get in FREE.

visuals by Ben Coopersmith
http://www.bencoopersmith.com

web links:
http://www.myspace.com/winsomegriffles
http://www.destijlmusic.com
http://www.risenyc.com/
http://www.myspace.com/jonathandalin
http://www.myspace.com/thedepreciationguild
http://www.mixnyc.org

The Winsome Griffles :  The Winsome Griffles play a discerning and
spirited mix of southern/Americana/rural tunes from the Great
American Songbook, plus sassy queer originals. Sincerity and humor
vie for lead during high energy and splendidly played sets.
Rise NYC : Electroclash rock crossover from the NYC Underground
Jonathan Dalin:  Indie soul pop from NYC
The Depreciation Guild: The Depreciation Guild is Kurt Feldman and
Akira Hashizume.  Kurt creates charming NES chiptunes. Akira plays the guitar.