[OutVoice] GLBT music stars light up awards gala - captured for upcoming TV & film specials

THEMUSENYC at aol.com THEMUSENYC at aol.com
Sun May 7 17:17:25 CDT 2006

Hey gang -

On April 24, 2006 - GLBT music stars came out in full force to provide magic &
 entertainment for the 2005 FRESH FRUIT FESTIVAL Awards Gala, held at the
Knitting Factory here in NYC.

Film director Wolfgang Busch ("Is Paris Burning" sequel HOW DO I LOOK?)
captured the entire FFF awards show on film and is now editing to create a special
film presentation segment he will produce & curate this July for the upcoming
2006 Fresh Fruit Awards Festival.

The star-studded event was also videotaped by UNDER THE PINK CARPET
television, capturing all the musical performances and interviewing all the awardees
and performers.

See live-at-the-Fresh Fruit-Festival-awards show photos (taken by noted
professional photographer Tom Zeigler) of GLBT artists LISA JACKSON, MERCURY MAD,
ROBERT URBAN, ROGER KUHN, GEORGIE JESSUP, CLOVER HONEY and more -
and read the exclusive www.stonewallsociety.com ARTISTS ON THE ARTS feature
on the FFF awards gala at:
http://roberturban.com/FFFawardsgalaApril06.html

Carol Polcovar - FFF Artistic Director:
What we do at the Fresh Fruit Festival is to honor our community's artists
and the art they make, to honor our community and its great and beautiful
diversity, to celebrate the contribution of our art and artist's to world culture.
Put together it adds up to one great celebration of us. So much beauty in the
world would be absent without us.  Tonight we take time honor the artists who
brought the most excitiment to last's year's festival. Too often artists feel
insignificant in a culture where the only measure of value is cash on the
line.  It isn't often an artist gets to hear what we have accomplished but it is
important that artists to celebrate our contribution, we have to in order to
continue our indespensible labor of bringing joy and meaning and purpose to the
chaos of life. A thank you is especially needed for our community's  artists
whose art is often denigrated for not being “mainstream” enough or important
enough, or too controversial, or not worthy of mass approval. Tonite we say
thank you. Thank you so very much".