[OutVoice] Women in Harmony deadline for discount is soon

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Tue May 16 09:33:06 CDT 2006

Women in Harmony, music camp for women
Deadline for discount is soon

Saddle up you singin' and playin' babes, it's Women in Harmony, a big ol'
music making good time for women. June 22 -- 25, 2006, at The Mountain, southwest
of Asheville, NC. Register at
http://mountaincenters.org/WomeninHarmony_RegForm.pdf or call The Mountain at 828-526-5838. You'll get a discount if you
register before May 22 so don't wait! Learn more at
www.jamieanderson.com/harmony.htm.

No matter what your level of playing or singing, this camp is for you. We'll
have workshops in guitar, voice, songwriting, mandolin, drum, bass and more.
There'll be several song circles and an open mike. Last year we spent an equal
amount of time singing, eating and gazing at the rising moon over the deck
outside the lodge where we all stayed.

Our instructors are Jamie Anderson, Phyllis Free, Mary Hocks, Beth Johnson
and Elaine Townsend. Jamie is a touring musician who’s taught at Duke, arts
centers and at festivals all over the country. Percussionist Phyllis Free has
played with a host of musical ensembles.  Her credits as a workshop presenter
include the National Women's Music Festival, the University of Louisville School
of Medicine, and the National Music and Health Conference. Web whiz Mary Hocks
is a college professor and a longtime singer-songwriter. Beth Johnson has
played bass in a number of jazz ensembles and as a long time school teacher has
taught almost every instrument known to humankind. Elaine is an accomplished
guitarist and songwriter who has performed in many venues including the New
Orleans Jazz Festival.

Cost is $350 if you register before May 22 and $397 if you register later.
This fee covers all programming, comfortable lodge housing and delicious food.

Please join us and make our fifth year the biggest ever!