[OutVoice] ...disco inferno, and other notes from Austin

CAGETAYLOR at aol.com CAGETAYLOR at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 08:30:01 CST 2006

Dear Outsters--
Imagine playing a gig at the worst smoking-allowed venue ever--that's sorta
what being in the post-fiery holocaust KOOP studios is like right now. With
luck, we'll soon find a new home. Until then, we continue, and we finally had a
 chance to spin our QueerWaves commemoration to John Lennon and the Beatles,
with  an additional salute to George Harrison. We also had a wonderful chat
with  Storybox's Agent D and got a chance to hear his latest work, "Eleanor
Rigby."
Here's what you'd have heard if you had your radios tuned to 91.7fm KOOP
Austin TX last Saturday at 430pm Central Time, or if you had your browser linked
to our webcast at _http://www.koop.org_ (http://www.koop.org) ..

GRETCHEN PHILLIPS and DAVID DRIVER/"Joan Of Arc"/Togetherness
JAY SPEARS/"House On Fire"/Boy Howdy

ELTON JOHN and JOHN LENNON/"Whatever Gets You Thru The Night/Lucy In The  Sky
With Diamonds/I Saw Her Standing There"/Here and There (expanded CD  version)
STORYBOX/"Eleanor Rigby"/CD single
DAVE MONTANA/"You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"/CD single
CORINNE CURCIO (KURS-ee-o KURS- KURS-ee-o)/"We Can Work It Out"/Meet the
Beatles..and Corinne
RUFUS WAINWRIGHT/"Across The Universe"/I am Sam: Music from and inspired by
the motion picture
(More Eleanor..)
JOE JACKSON/"Eleanor Rigby"/Summer in the City
JERRY JENKINS AND HIS BAND OF ANGELS/"Eleanor Rigby"/The Devil and the Deep
Blue Sea
SUN/"I'm Happy Just To Dance With You"/CD Single
PATRICIA BARBER/"Norwegian Wood"/Live: A Fortnight in France
TAREY  WOLF/"She Loves You"/Magnificent Obsession
(For George..and for Rebecca)
PHIL DUTRA/"All Things Must Pass"/See the World
GIRLYMAN/"My Sweet Lord"/Remember Who I Am

YOKO ONO/"Every Man Has A Man"/Love Rocks: A Benefit Album for the HRC  and
HRCF

Please, if you haven't become a member of KOOP, now would be a great time.
And if you are a member of KOOP, please consider throwing some more money our
way. We could use a new smoke-free environment..

Love, Taylor
"QueerWaves"--Taylor Cage, host and producer
A showcase for glbt  and just plain queer musicians and their music
On Saturdays, 430pm to 6pm  Central Time
91.7fm KOOP Austin TX
Live Webcasts, Schedules, Playlists and  more
@ _http://www.koop.org_ (http://www.koop.org/)
Studio Phone:  1-888-915-5667(KOOP)

Please send promotional material to:
Taylor  Cage