[OutVoice] QMH for Monday Aug 28, 9pm CST

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sat Aug 26 15:42:32 CDT 2006

Howdy, Here's another one of those "Songs I've Been Meaning To Play" shows,
and I just went way overboard, covering the waterfront of all things queer. The
internet version ended up being just over three hours! But of course for
radio I'm limited to 58 minutes, and that airs Monday evening. The complete
version is on my site for download now.

Hour 1
Jeff Krassner – Son of a Preacher Man (1995)
Norma Tanega – Walkin’ My Cat Named Dog (1966)
Tom Springfield – Charley (1970)
Miracles – Ain’t Nobody Straight in L.A. (1975)
Harrison Kennedy – Closet Queen (1972)*
Dynamic Superiors – Ain’t Nothing Like the Real Thing (1975) *
Smokey – Miss Ray (1976)*
Smokey – Leather (1976)*
Hudson & Landry – Bruiser LaRue (1971)
Sandy Baron – Do You Take This Man? (1972)
Alan Cumming – Married (2006)
Emma’s Revolution – This Love (2004)*
Barry Brandon – Taylor the Latte Boy (2006)
Pat Parker – For Straight Folks (1977)
Jen/Ed – One-Breasted President (2005)
Athens Boys Choir – Homeland Insecurity (2005)*
Self-Righteous Brothers – The Only Gay Soldier (2004)*
Eton Crop – Gay Boys on the Battlefield (1984)*

Hour 2
Julie Gold – Number Two (2005)*
Pat Garrett – By George, I’m Glad I Ain’t Boy George (1984)*
Boy George & Miss Guy – Pretty Boys (2004)*
Daniel Cartier – Pretty Boy (2005)*
Age of Consent – History Rap (1982)*
Sandy Rapp – Everyone Was At Stonewall (2005)*
Frances Faye – Drunk With Love (1953)*
Alix Korey – Old Fashioned Love Story (2000)
David Lasley – Joey, I Believe In Our Love (2001)*
Arnold McCuller –Goin’ All Out of My Way (1999)*
David McAlmont – Saving All My Love For You (2005)
N Sync – Bye Bye Bye (part, 2000)
Darren Hayes – So Beautiful (2005)*
The Czars – Where the Boys Are (2006)*
Pistol Pete & Popgun Paul – Never Be Straight (1998)*
Lenny Anderson – The Ballad of Dan White (1979)*
The Mondellos – White Night Riot (1979)*

Hour 3
Zoe Lewis – Harvey (1998)*
Mara Levi – The Homo Song (2005)*
The Other Side – Here to Stay (1994)*
Mavis’s – Do You Have a Brother? (1996)
Eric Schwartz – Interview Comments*
Eric Schwartz – Hattie & Mattie (1999)*
Eric Schwartz – Charliesomething (2000)*
Jess Hawk-Oakenstar – Dear Gertrude Stein (1995)*
Gertrude Stein – Valentine for Sherwood Anderson (1934, excerpt)*
Alice B. Toklas – On First Meeting With Gertrude Stein (1934, excerpt)*
Pat Bond – clip from Act I (1980)*
Alex Harding – Perfect Stranger (1996)
Alex Harding – There’s Nothing Like a Fairy to Make Sure the Party’s Gay
(1996)
Hank Baron – Standing Before the Judge (1982)*
Hank Baron – You Want Me (2005)*
Dos Falopia – A Camp Song (1992)
Seaman & Queerfunkle - Heteros Who Like Rainbows (2005)*
Manuel Sanchez – Oh Happy Gay (1998)*
Tomboy – OK2BGAY (2006)*
Jeff Krassner – The Powers That Be (1995)

* = internet version only

The segment can be heard on KPFT (90.1 FM), as the second hour of "Queer
Voices," which is on Monday evenings, 8-10 pm, CST. And the station netcasts, at
http://www.kpft.org/. You can stream or download it anytime at my site,
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/jul2006.html

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show site:
http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 8-10 pm, www.queervoices.org
and at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle