[OutVoice] This is Why I love Outmusic/Outvoice !

Jay Spears jay at jayspears.com
Thu Apr 20 22:03:32 CDT 2006

One more thing I forgot to mention ---

I got a check from ASCAP the other day, for $9 & change, because The
NFL on FOX had used my song "I LIKE MIKE" last fall in their
Atlanta/Seattle game broadcast.  Seattle's coach is Mike Holmgren and
Michael Vick plays for Atlanta, so it's not a surprise.  They used it
for 15 seconds of "background" music.

They never asked me, they just used it and paid -- cut & dried
business.  So that's what we should do (though I would have thought it
would net more than $9!!!)

So since I know we're all such HUGE football fans (I particularly like
teams with white pants) -- if anyone out there has a copy of that game
or the pregame show I'd love to see it.

Cheers

Jay

Jay Spears
Boy Howdy!
jay at jayspears.com
http://www.jayspears.com

Not since, maybe, Randy Newman, have I heard a body of work so packed
with unique songs. -- MITCH GALLOB, Streeter Music

Los Angeles singer-songwriter Jay Spears is just the kind of troubadour
that the gay world needs. -- JASON ROUSH, Aug 28 BAY WINDOWS, "New
England's Largest Gay & Lesbian Newspaper"

BOY HOWDY is a cheering affirmation of gay love. -- JASON VICTOR
SERINUS (The New York Blade, North Carolina's Q-Notes, The Washington
Blade, The Southern Voice, San Diego Update, The Gay Outlook)