[OutVoice] This is Why I love Outmusic/Outvoice !

Jay Spears jay at jayspears.com
Thu Apr 20 21:36:00 CDT 2006

On Apr 20, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Freddy Freeman wrote:
> (although this covers me legally, does anyone think I should try to
> notify Joni directly and get her blessing, because I have heard that
> some artists are not fond of compulsory liscence)

Absolutely not.  Why seek approval?  Besides, if you merely "inform"
her about something she has no control over, what good is that, sounds
irritating to me.  And you can't "ask" her because she has no right to
refuse.  Send her a copy of the CD with a nice note when it's done and
you're all proud of it.

More of my 2¢.

Jay

Jay Spears
Boy Howdy!
jay at jayspears.com
http://www.jayspears.com

Not since, maybe, Randy Newman, have I heard a body of work so packed
with unique songs. -- MITCH GALLOB, Streeter Music

Los Angeles singer-songwriter Jay Spears is just the kind of troubadour
that the gay world needs. -- JASON ROUSH, Aug 28 BAY WINDOWS, "New
England's Largest Gay & Lesbian Newspaper"

BOY HOWDY is a cheering affirmation of gay love. -- JASON VICTOR
SERINUS (The New York Blade, North Carolina's Q-Notes, The Washington
Blade, The Southern Voice, San Diego Update, The Gay Outlook)