[OutVoice] Feel The Spin!

Flick, Larry LFlick at siriusradio.com
Sun Nov 13 10:26:28 CST 2005

Hi there, folks. It's been a long time since I've posted to this list. I hope everyone is well.

In case you haven't heard, I'm now doing several shows for OutQ, the LGBT station on Sirius Satellite Radio. I'm having an absolute blast. And, yes, there is a LOT of life after Billboard magazine! :)

What I want to direct your attention to are my two weekend programs, "Feel The Spin," which are on Saturday and Sunday, 12noon Eastern/9am Pacific. This show is different from the other music shows on OutQ in that it two four-hour blocks of music and stories from one-man's point of view. There's no rubber-stamping involved. The playlist is quite simply, music that is turning me and my listeners on. The playlist has gay and gay-interest artists from all over the world. The intention is not to segregate, but rather to show how well someone like Mark Weigle hangs along side Tim McGraw, or how nicely Bodies Without Organs plays next to Madonna. It's a fun show that I do from the heart.

So far, here are the queer artist staples of my show: Mark Weigle, Melissa Ferrick, Jen Foster, Jay-J, Alex Parks, Barton, Bodies Without Organs, Yolanda, Amy Ray, Ari Gold, K-Stuff, Kendall, Rufus Wainwright, Jeffrey Altergott, Brian Green, and Paul Manchin, among others.

We have a decent library of music here at Sirius, but I'm intent on building my own with YOUR music. Do I have your most recent disc? Check in with me or please do pop one in the mail. Even if you think I do, I might not. Unfortunately, a lot of stuff got lost in the move from my old office to my new one.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Take good care!

Larry Flick
"OutQ In The Morning" / "Feel The Spin"
1221 Avenue of the Americas
37th floor