[OutVoice] Some health related news, sorry.

Len Rogers len at stonewallsociety.com
Tue Jan 19 15:34:53 CST 2016

Hi OutVoicers,
     First I want to apologize for not getting this to you sooner. But did not have an answer till now. I will need to back the GLBT HOF Induction up to 2-20-2016. Not my ideal thing to do. However, just got back from the Dr’s office. To make a long boring story short, I have scoliosis and arthritis in my shoulders and spine. Not usually a huge problem. But for the last month it has made it almost impossible to perform even the most simple tasks. I have tried doing things at the computer standing, not worked. One handed, even worse.
    I don’t like spreading health woes at all. But I feel you have a right to understand what is going on. My Dr. wants me to refrain from my ‘normal’ activities for two weeks and go to an therapy/exercise program. He feels this will relieve a lot of the pain and stiffness in the shoulders and arms. Apparently the repeated actions from computer use are causing some of the issues. Once I am through the therapy and have done the exercises for a period he feels I will be able to return to my normal daily routine, with some adjustments. Which is why I am backing the induction up to the 20 of Feb. That will provide ample healing time and give me ability to actually get work done. At the present, not getting much accomplished and found out today am doing more harm. Hope you all understand. I don’t like it, but the Dr. and my husband are being pretty firm with me following this advice. And I admit I am anxious for the discomfort to go away.
     I will be posting this to OutVoice list and on FB so all will understand. I don’t like doing that either. Feels like a pity bit to me. But I feel OutVoicers and SWS members have a right to know why things may be a bit slow the next few weeks. And what has been happening for the last month to six weeks. Happy to answer any questions. And I sincerely apologize for the delay and any inconvenience.
Hugs,
Len
StoneWall Society / OutVoice
Rainbow World Radio / GLBT Hall Of Fame