[OutVoice] Awards submissions closing & what happens next

RightOutTV Admin rightouttv at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 29 12:39:51 CDT 2014

Hello Artists,
Well this is it, your last chance to submit your videos and songs to the 2014 RightOutTV Music & Video Awards. Tomorrow, Sept 30 at Midnight (PST) is the deadline.

We’re so happy to see so many new faces and those who have returned…thanks everyone!

What happens next?

It was important to us to create an awards for our community that gave as much promotion as possible to ALL of the artists that enter, not just the winners…so..

on Wednesday, we start sending out the links to our fabulous judges trying to get as many opinions on each category as possible.

On Oct 6, the Fan Fave voting begins!
We dedicate a page on the awards website to all of you who entered, putting up your photos linking to your websites. You can get your friends, family…everyone you’ve ever met to vote for you…just once though.

Last year over 8000 votes came in from all over the world! Now that’s a lot of potential new fans!

Once all the judging returns from the first round, we announce the nominee s on Oct 16 and send out a press release to over 200 contacts.

If you are nominated, you will be asked to participate in the online presentation if you’d like to.

Here's last year’s in case you missed it: http://www.rightouttvawards.com/Previous-Winners.html

The 2 nd round of judging goes out, (at this point we are still tallying Fan Fave votes),
once the winners have been established, we prepare the online show.

All of the winners will be announced November 10, 2014.
The press, promotion and excitement continues for quite a while we get your statutes engraved and ready for shipping.
We love to have acceptance speeches from the winners and those go up on the website and promoted through our social networks.

If you still haven’t entered:
Remember, there are categories for new and past songs and videos so check them out and see if you’ve got something to put in...I guarantee you do.

Here are the Categories: http://www.rightouttvawards.com/Categories.html

The Panel of Judges: http://www.rightouttvawards.com/Judges.html

SUBMISSIONS CLOSE: Tuesday, September 30 at Midnight (PST)

SUBMIT NOW - Just $15 each! http://www.rightouttvawards.com/Submit.html

Don’t listen to us…take it from your peers….

Testimonials:

Alex Woburn :
"So happy that 'Understand That' got nominated for 'Best Pop Song' at the 2013 RightOutTV Music & Video Awards, since then my YouTube views have gone crazy, 'Understand That' has over 80,000 views now!! and 'The Banishing' is creeping up in second place with just over 57,000 views. Am putting together a new gig set list and will be back in the studio soon. Really excited! Great things to come. Thank you everyone for the amazing support. Rainbow Hugs! x"

Saturn:
"RightOutTV does an amazing job showcasing the talents of LGBT music artists for the world to discover. It's a refreshing and much needed platform and the Awards they put on annually ROCK!! Every LGBT music artist should network and be connected to RightOutTV!"

Norine Braun:
"Marlee & Tully go above and beyond for the LGBT global music community with Rightouttv.com and of course the awards.
As an out artist I feel recognized and affirmed being associated with the site and as well its a great place to find out about so many other wonderful out artists from around the world! Well done and keep on doing the great work!"

Shawn Thomas:
"RightOutTV is one of the most important assets out there for the independent GLBT artist. This is quality work, professional attitude, and commitment to excellence on display. If you haven't plugged in to RightOut - you're missing out!"

Silenze:
"Being a first time submitter to the RightOutTV Music and Video Awards was an amazing experience. The whole process was easy, from submitting songs and videos to filling out all necessary paper work.
Marlee and Tully were always available to help with any questions we had. The only stress was that of waiting to find out if you were nominated or the winner of your category. RightOutTV also lets its nominees get involved in the award show if they want by allowing them to announce fellow nominees from a different category.
As a band that participated in any and all aspects of the RightOutTV Music and Awards we had a great time and can't wait to participate again."

J.D. Doyle: (one of our judges and the man behind Queer Music Heritage)
"Hey, Artists! Here's why YOU should submit your music to these Awards. The nominees and winners are chosen by a panel of 50 music industry judges. Now, think about it. Even if you do not win, who do you want to hear your music...well, these judges. I've judged for two years now and I've often stopped while listening to make notes of folks I Want To Play on my shows. For a $15 submission, you can't buy better exposure." Check out http://www.rightouttvawards.com/