[OutVoice] Garrin Benfield Guitar Lessons!

Garrin Benfield garrinb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 12:02:27 CDT 2014

I am a patient, friendly teacher who will listen to what you want to learn,
and base our efforts around your needs. Learning favorite songs? New chords
and scales? Solidifying your rhythm? Practicing improvisational skills?
Learning to use a looping pedal? Acoustic or electric, the sky's the limit!

No stress or hard times! This is supposed to be fun!

I have been a self employed independent musician for 15+ years and have
recorded 5 CDs of original material. I specialize in Rock, Folk, Blues,
Bluegrass, and Country styles.

My approach is intuitive and emphasizes learning songs, so you are doing
something fun right away. I believe listening skills are paramount so I
also encourage learning to play by ear.

email me: garrin at garrin.com

*Here's what some of my students have said about lessons with me:*

"I recently started some lessons with Garrin and can confirm he is super
patient and helpful.

For someone so naturally gifted he can still can keep it simple in
explaining concepts and ways to improve. Thanks Garrin!"

*-- Matt Goldberg, San Francisco, CA*

"If you're considering lessons, I highly recommend him. If only to hear him
play and sing I love his lessons. He is a gentle and skillful teacher,
happy to follow my whims to which he provides challenging structure. He
knows every single song I've ever heard in my life, and he has great
intuition about learning style. Actually, he's just an awesome guitar
teacher."

*-- Annie Paulsen, Brooklyn, NY*

"Your name comes up whenever people ask who are the looping masters, and I
am happy to point potential students to you. I hope it is clear to anyone
who listens to your work that it is your extraordinary musical sense and
playing skill that provide the context for the use of the electronics!"

*-- Alan Monasch, San Francisco, CA*

"I wanted to thank you again for the guitar lesson the other day.  I really
appreciate you stopping by and I've been working on the riffs and bends you
showed me.  My biggest take away is to always end a solo on the tonic or
root note"

*-- Gregor Stewart, Fairfax, CA*

"If you can teach as well as you play, whatever you charge will be a
bargain"

*-- Steve Raucher, Oakland, CA*

--
Upcoming Shows:

11.05.14 Music and Arts Festival Woodmere NY
12.05.14 House Concert Philadelphia PA
12.06.14 Ruba Club Philadelphia PA

Official site: garrin.com
 <http://www.garrin.com/>Facebook:
facebook.com/pages/Garrin-Benfield-Music/104655826276927
Twitter: twitter.com/GarrinBenfield
Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/garrinb
Bandcamp: garrinbenfield.bandcamp.com
Reverb Nation: reverbnation.com
Live Recordings:bayrecorders.org <http://www.bayrecorders.org/>
More Live Recordings: archive.org <http://www.archive.org/>
Gigmasters: gigmasters.com/Rock-Acoustic-Guitar/Garrin-Benfield
Guitar Lessons: facebook.com/GarrinBenfieldGuitarLessons

184 Kent Ave.
Apt B308
Brooklyn, NY 11249