[OutVoice] 15 days left to SUBMIT your songs and videos!

RightOutTV Admin rightouttv at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 16 11:58:48 CDT 2014

Hello Artists!
Thanks to those of you who have already joined the fun for the 2014 RightOutTV Music & Video Awards and submitted your material!

If you haven't done so yet, we have kept the same low submission fee we started with 4 years ago - $15 per song or video.
There won't be any extensions and Sept 30 is the deadline.

We want you to be heard and seen by our impressive judging panel: http://rightouttvawards.com/Judges.html

Here are some frequently asked questions and remember you can email us directly with any info you need: rightouttv at shaw.ca
SUBMIT NOW : http://rightouttvawards.com/Categories.html

FAQ'S

1. Can I submit a song or video into more than one category?
Yes, definitely! You can enter the same song or video into every category it fits into.
Let's say you have a DIY video that you released this year and the video also fits into the Most Moving… you could enter the video into:
​
BEST VIDEO DIY and
MOST MOVING VIDEO
​
Your song from the video, could also then be entered into:
​
SONG OF THE YEAR and
which ever SONG genre it fits into.
​
*When entering the song from your video in a song category, we prefer that you upload the song without the video to a web music player such as Soundcloud, Reverbnation or YouTube. It can also be a player that sits on your website.
​
2. Can I submit an entire album of my songs from this year into one category?
Yes. You can submit as many songs or videos as you want to any category as long as they fit the genre and date guidelines.
​
3. I didn't release anything new this year. Can I still enter the contest?
​
Absolutely!
​
The following categories will take any videos or songs from any year in your career
BEST SONG WITH A SOCIAL MESSAGE
BEST VIDEO WITH A SOCIAL MESSAGE
​
The following categories will take any videos or songs from any year in your career of which you have not already received a nomination and released prior to Sept 25, 2013
BEST VIDEO SO FAR
BEST SONG SO FAR
​
The following categories will take any videos or songs from any year in your career of which you have not already received a nomination .
MOST MOVING VIDEO
BEST LIVE PERFORMANCE
​
4. If I entered last year but didn't win, should I bother when I’ll be up against the same people and being judged by some of the same judges?
Of course you should! For starters, you don’t know which artists will submit this year and whom you will be up against. Plus, we add many new judges every year AND the same judges don’t get the same categories to judge every year.
​
Besides, the publicity you receive for just being nominated or listed on the Fan Fave page (which you will be on just for entering one category) is well worth the $15, right?
​
5. How does the judging work? What if my score ties with another artist?
It is our job to make sure you get the fairest shot possible at winning, so we make sure that at least 3 different judges make the decisions for every category.
If some of the scores are tied, we get more judges involved. If they still tie for a nomination, we will nominate all artists who tie.
To establish a win from a tie, we have had up to 7 judges decide on that one category.
​
6. What do we win?
The winners of each category receive a beautiful, engraved statue with their name and the category they won in. These awards attract a great deal of global publicity for the winners and the nominees throughout the awards process. Artists have been featured in well known blogs, on radio, in press like the Advocate and She Mag, Curve, Huffington Post…the list goes on.
​
Also, you will be recognized in the video awards presentation where the winners and the nominees are announced in addition to listings on the RightOutTV Awards website and on you tube.
You will also win "BRAGGING RIGHTS FOR LIFE" - Winning awards and being nominated is extremely impressive on your website.
We handpick these judges for their knowledge of music and because they are people you want to have know your name and your talent, so exposure to these people is reason enough to enter.
​
7. If I released a song a few years ago as a single and then re-released it on a full album CD this year, can it be entered in categories for this year?
Yes you can submit it into categories for this year as long as you did not receive a nomination from us when you first released it as a single.
​

8. Why are the RightOutTV Awards only open to LGBTI artists?
We feel that LGBTI artists have too few platforms to support them and get their music out there. There are countless awards for mainstream artists which tend to be more difficult to win with queer-themed lyrics and images. We do hope there comes a day when this is not the case but for now, this is a contest for LGBTI artists only.

SUBMIT NOW : http://rightouttvawards.com/Categories.html