[OutVoice] America's first ever Queer Jazz Festival 9/18-9/21

drew at drewparalic.com drew at drewparalic.com
Sat Sep 13 08:35:00 CDT 2014

In Philadelphia--my ensemble has a set on 9/21 at Union Transfer, which is
hosting an all day festival including Andy Bey and Patricia Barber.  Fred
Hersh opens the Festival on the 18th... www.outbeatjazzfestval.com

Well, I am getting ready for Philadelphia! For all my musical life, I have
had to explain that I am not a performer.  It is tiring! Let's face it:
jazz is a performers art. My goal is, and always has been, to write tunes
for jazz players, drawing from my experiences with jazz workshops (I do
play some piano) and The Real Book. And listening, which is probably 75%
of being a convincing musician--especially in jazz. (Although jazz is
pretty much all I do musically--and only classic jazz at that--I listen to
various forms of music; right now, Stevie is playing on my computer). I
have been greatly humbled by having been chosen to have some of my music
performed in this coming festival of such heavy hitters by such heavy
hitters.

If you are in Philly, stop by and say hello!

Drew
www.drewparalic.com