[OutVoice] Nominees Announced!

RightOutTV Admin rightouttv at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 16 10:58:29 CDT 2014

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 16, 2014

The LGBT RightOutTV Music & Video Awards
Announces the Nominees for 2014!

The most difficult job in the LGBT Music community was given to an impressive list of entertainment industry heavyweights and their decisions have been made. The nominees for the 2014 RightOutTV Music & Video Awards are announced!

Once again the global awards have received submissions from LGBT artists from multiple countries including Switzerland, China, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Australia, Canada and the United States.

“One of the goals of the awards is to increase the awareness of these talented writers and singers who still don’t experience open doors in mainstream music for their queer-themed lyrics,” says Marlee Walchuk, co-producer of the RightOutTV Awards.
“Whether or not they win in their nominated categories, every artist will benefit from being seen and heard by our judges and the thousands of fans who vote for the Fan Fave and who watch our final awards presentation show. This is much more than a contest,” says Walchuk.

Co-producer Tully Callender adds, “With new categories added this year such as Best Song and Video with a Social Message, we are seeing these artists shine, doing what they do best, trying to affect change through their music and video images. We are very proud of our community.”

To see and hear all of the nominees: http://www.rightouttvawards.com/2014Nominees.html

Members of the public may still vote until Oct. 27, 2014 (one vote per person, please) for one LGBT artist to win the RightOutTV 2014 Fan Fave Award: http://www.rightouttvawards.com/FanFave.html

Award winners in 17 categories will be announced in an online awards show featuring many of the nominees on November 10, 2014 at the RightOutTV Awards website:
http://www.rightouttvawards.com/index.html