[OutVoice] Billy Gilman+Crackpot "Christians"+global LGBT news

Greg Gordon greggordon2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 12:20:28 CST 2014

 We only ask you to contribute to our continued success once each year:
It’s that time of the year for you to visit thiswayout.org to do your part!
Thank you!
”THIS WAY OUT: the international LGBT radio magazine"
Program #1,393 - distributed 12/08/14
Airs on more than 200 local stations around the world -
Check the "Affiliate Stations" list on our website, or
 listen now via our free podcasts at www.thiswayout.org
- or on iTunes or Stitcher -
(hosted by Greg Gordon and produced with Lucia Chappelle)
Country star Billy Gilman stands by his man;
Christmas coal for cold-hearted politicians, hucksters and clergy;
The EuroCourt of Justice outlaws asylum-seeker queer "tests", Putin
defends homophobia as Russian LGBT refugees skyrocket, dozens of
Bangalore "hijras" are busted for begging, Finns flee their
Archbishop's marriage equality glee, and more global LGBT news

- In "NewsWrap": The European Court of Justice tells all E.U. member nations that they can't require gay and lesbian refugees fleeing persecution in their homelands to "prove" their sexual orientation to get asylum… Russian President Vladimir Putin tells the UN that his country is getting a "bad rap" when it comes to LGBT rights, even as applications by Russian LGBT people for asylum in the U.S. skyrocket… 167 transgender women (hijras) are rounded up in the Indian city of Bangalore and charged with breaking anti-begging laws… thousands of Finns have left the state-sponsored Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland after parliament passes a bill to open civil marriage to same-gender couples, and Slovakia sets the date for a referendum on marriage equality, while 3 more U.S. states march to marriage equality… the Polish town of Tuszyn bans depictions of Winnie the Pooh on a new school playground because of his "dubious sexuality" and "bear bottom”.. and more LGBT news from around the world (produced by STEVE PRIDE, written by GREG GORDON, and reported this week by RICK WATTS & NATALIE PEOPLES).

- You open this door with the key of ignorance. Beyond it is another dimension, a dimension of sound -- too much, in fact -- a dimension of hate, but definitely not a dimension of mind. You've just crossed over into This Way Out's CAVALCADE OF CRACKPOT "CHRISTIANS"! This installment stars former Arkansas Governor and Republican Presidential wannabe MIKE HUCKABEE, self-promoting rightwing radio huckster LINDA HARVEY, and genocidal Arizona preacher STEVEN ANDERSON (with outro music from "God Is Wide" by DAVE HALL).

- A country music child star's voice change might have been the older headline. But Entertainment Correspondent STEVE PRIDE got an exclusive interview about the real news behind the release of the newly out BILLY GILMAN's new CD (with snippets from "One Voice" and "Say You Will").
"This Way Out" is a U.S. tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit under the corporate name of OVERNIGHT PRODUCTIONS (INC.), and is supported by the Yavanna Foundation, a bequest from the estate of Christopher David Trentham, and donations from our listener-supporters. Thank you!
=> Please log on to thiswayout.org to add your support [a tax-deductible charitable donation in the U.S.].  We really can't go on without you!
On the air since April 1988, "This Way Out" is the multi-award-winning internationally distributed weekly gay and lesbian radio news magazine. The program currently airs on more than 200 local community radio stations around the world, globally distributed at www.radio4all.net, www.indymedia.org, to Pacifica Radio station affiliates in North America, and in Australia via the Community Radio Network.  Listeners can also hear "This Way Out" through our podcasts at thiswayout.org; on iTunes and Stitcher; across Europe, Africa/the Middle East, and Asia/Pacific regions on the World Radio Networks (wrn.org); and on audio CD by individual subscription. For lots of other information about "This Way Out" please visit www.thiswayout.org, email TWOradio at aol.com, or write to PO Box 1065, Los Angeles, CA 90078, USA.
********** Thank you for $upporting "This Way Out"! **********