[OutVoice] (no subject)

Greg Gordon greggordon2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 14:30:08 EST 2014

  Put your money where your ears are on #GivingTuesday, Dec. 2nd!
"THIS WAY OUT: the international LGBT radio magazine"
Program #1,392 - distributed 12/01/14
Airs on more than 200 local stations around the world -
Check the "Affiliate Stations" list on our website, or
 listen now via our free podcasts at www.thiswayout.org
- or on iTunes or Stitcher -
(hosted by Greg Gordon and produced with Lucia Chappelle)
Two Gandhi emulators are profiled on this week's special program:
Bayard Rustin's partner for the last 10 years of his life Walter
Naegle discusses the legacy of the out civil rights icon, while
trailblazing New York lesbian-feminist Karla Jay recounts her early
days in the movement, and calls on the younger generation to honor
the veteran activists who made their lives so much easier today.
[There's no "NewsWrap" segment on this week's special show.]
Blaze a trail and leave a legacy on #GivingTuesday, Dec. 2nd!

- After the White House posthumously awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honor in the U.S. — and the award-winning documentary about his life, "Brother Outsider" — more Americans have been learning about BAYARD RUSTIN, a pacifist, civil rights leader, and the top organizer for Martin Luther King Jr., who rallied over 200,000 people to the historic 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom — without the aid of computers or the Internet. Rustin’s partner for the last ten years of his life, WALTER NAGLE, discusses the life and legacy of the trailblazing civil rights activist in the Manhattan home they shared with "This Way Out" correspondent VASH BODDIE.

- Veteran lesbian-feminist activist KARLA JAY is a retired college professor and the author, translator or editor of dozens of LGBT-related books and publications. Continuing this week’s LGBTs in history theme, our STEVE PRIDE chats with Jay in her New York home about her activist life, including her involvement in early movement groups like New York City’s radical feminist Redstockings and the Gay Liberation Front, and the importance of honoring seniors whose activism made life so much easier for today's queer generation.
"This Way Out" is a U.S. tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit under the corporate name of OVERNIGHT PRODUCTIONS (INC.), and is supported by the Yavanna Foundation, a bequest from the estate of Christopher David Trentham, and donations from our listener-supporters. Thank you!
=> Please log on to thiswayout.org to add your support [a tax-deductible charitable donation in the U.S.].  We really can't go on without you!
On the air since April 1988, "This Way Out" is the multi-award-winning internationally distributed weekly gay and lesbian radio news magazine. The program currently airs on more than 200 local community radio stations around the world, globally distributed at www.radio4all.net, www.indymedia.org, to Pacifica Radio station affiliates in North America, and in Australia via the Community Radio Network.  Listeners can also hear "This Way Out" through our podcasts at thiswayout.org; on iTunes and Stitcher; across Europe, Africa/the Middle East, and Asia/Pacific regions on the World Radio Networks (wrn.org); and on audio CD by individual subscription. For lots of other information about "This Way Out" please visit www.thiswayout.org, email TWOradio at aol.com, or write to PO Box 1065, Los Angeles, CA 90078, USA.
********** Thank you for $upporting "This Way Out"! **********