[OutVoice] QMH for November -- Buena Vista, San Francisco's Pioneering 70's Gay Band

J. D. Doyle jddoyle at qmh101.com
Wed Nov 6 14:05:16 CST 2013

QMH for November 2013
http://www.queermusicheritage.us/nov13.html

Buena Vista was the very Out band in 1977's landmark film
"Word Is Out." They captured my attention then and for years
I have wanted to explore, and share, their story and music.
I got help this month from band members Andrew Brown and
Richard Dworkin, with additional help from author Greg Youmans,
who wrote a book on the film.

Buena Vista - He's a Rebel (from "Word Is Out," 1978)
Andrew Brown Interview
Richard Dworkin Comments
Buena Vista - He's Okay (1978)
Greg Youmans comments
Buena Vista - Our Day Will Come (1977, unreleased)
Buena Vista - Make Your Way (1977, unreleased)
Buena Vista - Lovin' Is Really My Game (1978, clip)
Buena Vista - Hot Magazine (1977, unreleased)
Buena Vista - Join Hands jingles (1978)
Buena Vista - Medley: "Be My  Baby," "Hello, Stranger,"
"He's a Rebel" (1977, unreleased)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/nov13.html

Since January 2000. Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com
http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com
http://queermusicheritage-theblog.blogspot.com/