[OutVoice] QMH for May - Michael Callen Tribute

J. D. Doyle jddoyle at qmh101.com
Thu May 2 12:48:32 CDT 2013

QMH for May - Michael Callen Tribute
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/may2013.html

This month I am presenting a Michael Callen Tribute Show,
and he was one of the artists I hold in most esteem,
both for his music and AIDS activism. As usual I got carried
away and the result is a four-hour show, packed with music from
all parts of Michael's career. And I also have interviews and
comments from a number of people who worked with him along the way,
eleven in total. The show also includes a special interview with
Fred Small, writer of the iconic song "Everything Possible."

Part 1 - 59:56
Flirtations - Bop 'Til You Drop (1992)
Pam Brandt Interview
Lowlife - Living in Wartime (1985)
Richard Dworkin Interview
Lowlife - Where the Boys Are (1985)
Marsha Malamet Interview
Michael Callen - Love Don't Need a Reason (live, 1993)
Michael Callen - Love Worth Fighting For (1995)
Michael Callen – Jockey / Wonder (1982)
Jon Arterton Interview
Flirtations - My Boyfriend's Back (1988)
Flirtations - Mister Sandman (1992)
Michael Callen - Crazy World (1996)
Jim Bredeson Interview
Fred Small Interview
Flirtations - Everything Possible (1990)

Part 2 - 59:04
Callen, Malamet & Allen - Love Don't Need a Reason (1988, 1995, 1990)
Michael Callen - How To Have Sex (interview, 1983)
Michael Callen - How To Have Sex (1988)
Michael Callen - Me & Dickie D (1988)
Michael Callen - When This Fever Breaks (1990)
Michael Callen - Fool Heart (1990)
Michael Callen - Scheherazade (Tell a Story) (1993)
Flirtations - The Flirt Song / To Know Him Is To Love Him (1990)
Jon Arterton Interview
Michael Callen & The Flirtations - Sometimes Not Often Enough (1996)
Holly Near Comments
New York City Gay Men's Chorus - Love Don't Need a Reason (1991)
Michael Callen - Just Look in Our Eyes (~1989)

Part 3 - 60:54
Michael Callen - They Are Falling All Around Us (1996)
Michael Callen - Mother Mother (1996)
John Bucchino Comments
Michael Callen - Do Not Turn Away (1996)
Tom Robinson Comments
Michael Callen & Tom Robinson - Two Men Dance the Tango (1996)
Jim Bredeson Interview
John Berno & Jonathan Whitton - On the Other Side (2013)
Romanovsky & Phillips - Hymn (1991)
Ron Romanovsky Comments
Grant King - Michael (1994)
Cris Williamson, Tret Fure & Michael Callen - Living On (1993)
Michael Callen - Innocence Dying (1993)
Michael Callen - The Healing Power of Love (1996)

Part 4 – 58:58 - Fred Small Special Segment
Motherlode - Everything Possible (1987)
Fred Small Interview
Flirtations - Everything Possible (1990)
Fred Small - Annie (1985)
Fred Small - Marine's Lament (1993)
Fred Small - Larry the Polar Bear (1985)
Fred Small & Cris Williamson - This Love (1988)
Fred Small - Scott and Jamie (1988)
Fred Small - The Heart of the Appaloosa (1985)
Fred Small - Everything Possible (1985)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/may2013.html

Since January 2000. Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com
http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com
http://queermusicheritage-theblog.blogspot.com/