[OutVoice] "I Do" the movie + global LGBT news round-up

Greg Gordon greggordon2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 25 17:00:58 CDT 2013

"THIS WAY OUT: the international lesbian & gay radio magazine"
Program #1,317 - distributed 06/24/13
Airs on more than 200 local stations around the world -
Check the "Affiliate Stations" list on our website, or
 listen now via our free podcasts at www.thiswayout.org*, or on iTunes.
*http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/program/69349
(hosted by Greg Gordon and produced with Lucia Chappelle)
U.S. bi-national same-gender couples on the brink vow to say "I Do";
A bill to recognize foreign lesbigay marriages fails in Australia,
Russia adds an adoptions ban to its growing anti-gay record, Ljubljana,
Zagreb and Shanghai celebrate Pride, Brazil's anti-rights Rights
chair moves to make gays and lesbians sick again, an ex-gay group is
now just an ex-group, and more LGBT news

-
 In "NewsWrap": Australia's Senate soundly rejects a proposal to
recognize the legal marriages of same-gender couples performed
overseas,  while Russia's Duma bans adoptions by unmarried foreign
same-gender couples, and a staggering fine could crush Coming Out St.
Petersburg, the city's leading LGBT advocacy group… Pride parades
peacefully in Ljubljana and Zagreb, while an anti-gay assault on
Poland's only "out" legislator mars an otherwise pleasant Pride day in
Warsaw, political turmoil in Turkey threatens Istanbul Pride, while
activists in Sofia bow to official concerns about violence and cancel
their march, but this year's 5th annual Shanghai Pride Festival – even
without a parade – is "bigger and better" than ever… the Brazilian
Congress' oxymoronically named Human Rights Committee votes to reinstate
 the definition of homosexuality as a treatable disorder or pathology,
but one of the world's leading "cure through therapy and prayer"
peddlers, the U.S.-based Exodus International, exits the industry... and
 more LGBT news from around the world (written by GREG GORDON, produced
by STEVE PRIDE, and reported this week by PAMELA BROOKS and MICHAEL
ALLAN).

- Every day, bi-national same-gender couples in the U.S.
wait to see whether the courts or the Congress will intervene to keep
their families from being torn apart by the Defense of Marriage Act
(DOMA). At this pivotal moment, a new independent film dramatizes their
plight. "This Way Out's" VASH BODDIE chats with director GLENN GAYLORD
and writer/star DAVID W. ROSS about their well-received movie "I DO"
(interview produced by STEVE PRIDE, with a scene from the film featuring Ross,
JAMIE-LYNN SIGLER, ALICIA WITT, & JESSICA TYLER BROWN, and with
intro/outro music from "You Don't Question Love" by TOM GOSS).
[www.twowordscanchangeeverything.com; www.facebook.com/IDoTheMovie]
"This
 Way Out" is a U.S. tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit under the
corporate name of OVERNIGHT PRODUCTIONS (INC.), and is supported by
grants from the Kicking Assets Fund of the Tides Foundation and the
Yavanna Foundation, a generous bequest from the estate of Christopher
David Trentham, and donations from our listener-supporters. Thank you!
=>
 Please log on to thiswayout.org to add your support [a tax-deductible
charitable donation in the U.S.].  We really can't go on without you!
On
 the air since April 1988, "This Way Out" is the multi-award-winning
internationally distributed weekly gay and lesbian radio news magazine.
The program currently airs on more than 200 local community radio
stations around the world, globally distributed at www.radio4all.net,
www.indymedia.org, to Pacifica Radio station affiliates in North
America, and in Australia via the Community Radio Network.  Listeners
can also hear "This Way Out" through our podcasts at thiswayout.org;
across Europe, Africa/the Middle East, and Asia/Pacific regions on the
World Radio Networks (wrn.org); and on audio CD by individual
subscription. For lots of other information about "This Way Out" please
visit www.thiswayout.org, email TWOradio at aol.com, or write to P.O. Box
38327, Los Angeles, CA 90038-0327.
********** Thank you for $upporting "This Way Out"! **********