[OutVoice] QMH for July 2013 - Songs ABOUT Drag Queens

J. D. Doyle jddoyle at qmh101.com
Fri Jul 5 12:05:01 CDT 2013

QMH for July 2013
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/jul2013.html

This month it's all about drag queens, and I mean that in the
most lyrical way. The songs were selected not because they
were by drag queens, but because they were ABOUT them.
Though of course it could be drag queens themselves doing the
singing, and that is the case for Part 1. In the other two
segments you'll hear other folks singing about drag queens, mostly
straight artists and the viewpoints will be all over the place.

Part 1 - 61:46
Kinsey Sicks - Everybody Lover a Drag Queen (2002)
Hunchback of Notre Dame - Thank God He Made Me a Drag Queen (1991)
Hedda Lettuce - Drag Queen Blues (2005)
Tina Benez - Don't Mess With Mary (1994)
Crystal Balls - Who You Calling a Drag Queen? (1994)
Sister Queen - Let Me Be Your Drag Queen (1995)
Ray Bourbon - Back in Drag Again (1950s)
Lee Sutton - The Lady Is a Fake (1968)
Charles Pierce - Want to Buy an Illusion / One of the Boys (1987)
Danny LaRue - The Girl with a Little Bit Extra (1970s)
Jinkx Monsoon - The Ladies in Drag (2013)
Jackie Beat - From a Distance (2005)
Supreme Fabulettes - A Drag Queen Is A Cowboy's Best Friend (2013)
Mark Alan Smith - Harper Valley PTA (2001)
RuPaul - Sexy Drag Queen (2011)
Billy Porter - Land of Lola (2013)
La Cage Aux Folles - La Cage Aux Folles / I Am What I Am (2010)

Part 2 - 65:55
Magnetic Fields - Andrew in Drag (2012)
Lord of the Pants - She's a Guy (2001)
Sunset Bombers - Drag Queen (1978)
Earps - Drag Queen (2007)
John-Fredrick -  Drag Queen (1999)
Go Faster Nuns - Drag Queen (2005)
Hyperdrive Kittens - Rock 'N Roll Drag Queen (1993)
Mary Gauthier - Drag Queens and Limousines (1999)
Sponge - The Drag Queens of Memphis (1998)
Limbos - South Dakota Drag Queen (2010)
John Raymond Barker - Vampire Drag Queen (1999)
Andy Bell - DHDQ (2010)
David Bowie - Queen Bitch (1971)
The Kinks - Out of the Wardrobe (1978)
Rubettes - Under One Roof (1976)
B.D. Wong - Wishing You a Drag Queen Christmas (1993)
Charles Aznavour - What Makes a Man a Man (1972)

Part 3 - 68:00
Moe Bandy & Joe Stampley - Where's the Dress (1984)
Blackburn, Nance & King - Daddy Is a Drag Queen (2011)
Trailer Park Rangers - Drag Queen (1996)
Richard Digance - Drag Queen Blues (1972)
Ethan Daniel Davidson - Gus T.M.D.Q. (2000)
Audra - Fearless Peaches (2009)
Smokey - Miss Ray (1976)
Mad Avenue Records - Drag Detergent (1960)
Blossom Dearie - Bruce (1984)
John Wallowitch - Bruce Redux (1993)
1918 - A House Divided - Drag Ball at Webster Hall (2008)
Perfectly Normal Boy - The Bad Drag Rag (2008)
Dirty Little Showtunes - The Leathermen & The Drag Queens (2001)
Pink Martini - Bitty Boppy Betty (2009)
Green Day - King for a Day (1997)
Johnny Popstar Luv Explosion - Lizzy the Supermarket Drag Queen (1999)
RPLA - Last Night a Drag Queen Saved Your Life (1994)
Velvet Mafia - Mona Lisa Was a Drag Queen (1998)
Peter Outerbridge - I'm Not a Fucking Drag Queen (1999)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/jul2013.html

Since January 2000. Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com
http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com
http://queermusicheritage-theblog.blogspot.com/