[OutVoice] WINNERS of RightOutTV Music and Video Awards Announced!

RightOutTV Admin rightouttv at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 30 11:18:05 CDT 2012

For Immediate Release

Oct 30, 2012

Congratulations to the WINNERS of the
2012 RightOutTV Music & Video Awards!

After two rounds of very difficult judging, the panel of industry professionals for the 2012 RightOutTV Music and Video Awards has named the winners.

Showcasing their talent in the global LGBT original music artist community, the winners hail from Portugal, Austria, Britain, Canada and the United States.

“This is only our second year and already the number and caliber of the artists submitting has reassured us that there is truly a need for this kind of acknowledgement for the LGBT music community,” says Marlee Walchuk, co- producer of the awards.

The 2012 winners are announced in a video presentation that includes a tribute to LGBT artists who have paved the way along with some very creative nominee announcements: www.RightOutTVAwards.com

“The winners will receive a beautiful glass art statue and bragging rights for life!” quips Tully Callender, the other half of the RightOutTV production team.
“We are hoping to reach even further in the global community next year to include artists who may not share the freedom and recognition we enjoy in North America.”

The 2012 RightOutTV Music & Video Awards
WINNERS

BEST VIDEO (PRO)
Matt Zarley - Trust Me

SONG OF THE YEAR
Matt Fishel - Behind Closed Doors

BEST SONG SO FAR
Matt Zarley - Change Begins With Me

BEST VIDEO DIY (Do It Yourself)
Corday - Weekend Warrior

BEST POP / ROCK / ADULT CONTEMPORARY VIDEO
Jeffery Straker - Gone

BEST ELECTRONIC / DANCE / HIP HOP / R&B VIDEO
Blinded by Stardust - Can't We Just Dance Instead (feat. Biuna)

BEST FOLK / COUNTRY / JAZZ VIDEO
Kat Devlin - Dear Emmi

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A LIVE VIDEO
Rachael Sage - Everything

BEST "LIVING ROOM" PERFORMANCE
Nhojj - He & Him

BEST VIDEO SO FAR
Matt Fishel - Football Song

BEST POP / ROCK / ADULT CONTEMPORARY SONG
Jen Foster – You Stayed

BEST ELECTRONIC / DANCE / HIP HOP / R&B SONG
Darren Ockert - This Modern Life (1984)

BEST FOLK / COUNTRY / JAZZ SONG
Summer Osborne - Be Still

FAN FAVE AWARD
Sonasfly

The RightOutTV Music and Video Awards is an offshoot of the free LGBTI artist promotional site at RightOutTV.com. Walchuk and Callender of the music duo Sugarbeach launched RightOutTV in November 2010 after realizing there were few places to release their own queer-messaged music videos. The women – married to each other – also saw a need for more unity in the global LGBTI music community. RightOutTV was created as a vehicle to serve both these purposes and to provide a fully developed promotional website and streaming channel for artists who deserve more credit for being Out and proud with their music.

Contact: Marlee Walchuk
Phone Number: 1-778-279-4554 (Vancouver, Canada)
E-mail: RightOutTV at shaw.ca
Website: RightOutTVawards.com

Embed code for Winners presentation Show:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src=" http://www.youtube.com/embed/BZtavA0FtZE " frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>