[OutVoice] QMH for October 2012 – Songs About Anita Bryant

J. D. Doyle jddoyle at qmh101.com
Tue Oct 2 17:10:26 CDT 2012

QMH for October 2012 – Songs About Anita Bryant
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/oct2012.html

Songs *About* Anita Bryant," is the focus of this show, not those by her.
Her anti-gay campaigns in the late 1970's prompted an amazing amount of
musical commentary, enough for a two-hour show. And I've included some
comments from those who were there, to put things in perspective.
Kinda pleased with this one, worked hard on it...:)

Part 1 - 60:12
Anita Bryant Intro
Tom Paxton - Anita O.J. (1978)
Four Swallows - (Lord Knows) I Don't Need Anita (1977)
Bob Kunst Comments (2012)
Lynn Frizzel - Hurricane Anita (1977)
Linda Tillery - Don't Pray for Me (1977)
Casse Culver - What Are We Going To Do About Anita?" (1977)
Ginni Clemmens - Love Somebody (1980)
Rod McKuen - Don't Drink the Orange Juice (1977)
Steve Stone Comments (2012)
Ray Hill Comments (2012)
Joseph McCarthy Is Alive and Living in Dade County - The Children (1977)
James Sears Comments (2001)
Charlie King - Thank You, Anita (1979)

Part 2 - 69:00
International Gay Society - Stand Up for Your Rights (1977)
Michelle Faithe - Ode to Anita (1977)
Ron Kauffman Comments (2012)
Ron Kauffman - Anita's Crusaders (1977)
Hank Baron - Standing Before the Judge (1982)
Conan - Tell Ol' Anita (1979)
Robin Tyler - Dear Ms Bryant (1977)
Robin Tyler Comments (2009)
Paul Vincent - Gay Rock for Anita (1977)
Basement Faith - Anita Chiquita (~1977-78)
Judy Small Comments (2002)
Judy Small - Festival of Light (1982, part)
Gay Liberation Qwire - Festival of Light (1983, part)
Manfred Langer - A Message From Holland (1977)
Zangeres Zanger Naam - Luister, Anita (1977)
David Allan Coe - Fuck Anita Bryant (1978)
New Folk Revival - Song for Anita Bryant (~1978)
Leon Russell - Anita Bryant (1978)
The Harvey Milk Show - Anita (1996)
Tom Wilson Weinberg Comments (2012)
Tom Wilson Weinberg - Second Runner-Up (1979)
San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus, with Armistead Maupin -
Michael's Letter to Mama (2003)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/oct2012.html

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com
http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com
http://queermusicheritage-theblog.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/QMH101

All segments of both shows are archived.
That’s over 12 years of very gay music.