[OutVoice] QMH for November: Three Interviews!

J. D. Doyle jddoyle at qmh101.com
Sun Nov 4 10:02:03 CST 2012

QMH for November - Three Interviews!
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/nov2012.html

Three special interviews packed into two hours!
First, Guy Blackman of Melbourne, Australia,
recently released a CD compilation called "Strong Love."
It's dear to my heart as it celebrates the openly gay music
of 15 male artists or bands from the 1970's.

In the second hour we'll hear from two people I've wanted
to interview for many years, and they both will shed light
on the San Francisco of the 1960's, and their roles as major
gay celebrities. Jose Sarria fit a lot of activism and
community organizing into his role as "The Nightingale of
Montgomery Street," at the famous Black Cat Cafe, and
Michelle was the first to have had full scale musicals
written for her, resulting in a 2-disc recording of one of them.

Part 1 - 58:27 - Strong Love CD compilation
Everyone Involved - A Gay Song (1972)
Guy Blackman Interview (2012)
Chris Robison - Big Strong Man in My Life (197x)
Steven Grossman - Out (1975)
Robert Campbell - Dreamboy (1977)
Mike Cohen - Evil & Lusty (1973)
Smokey - Strong Love (1976)
Scrumbly & Martin - Hots for a Hustler (1977)
Buena Vista - Hot Magazine (1978)
Tom Robinson - Good To Be Gay (1975)
Charlie Murphy - Gay Spirit (1979)

Part 2 - 66:25 - Jose Sarria & Michelle
Jose Sarria Intro (1962)
Jose Sarria Interview (2012)
"Word Is Out" film clip (1978)
Michelle Interview (2012)
Michelle - excerpt from "Ready or Not, It's Me (1967)
Michelle & the Escorts - Here's to Us (1969)
Jose Sarria - No Camping, Side 2 (1962)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/nov2012.html

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com
http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com
http://queermusicheritage-theblog.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/QMH101

All segments of both shows are archived.
That’s almost 13 years of very gay music.