[OutVoice] QMH for May: Showtunes Made Me Gay!

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Fri May 4 14:22:52 CDT 2012

OutRadio for May: Showtunes Made Me Gay!
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/may2012.html

Well, I don't know if Show Tunes really made me gay, but buying my first Barbra Streisand LP when I was 16 probably helped...duh, why didn't someone tell me I was gay then, would have saved a bunch of time. Anyway, the show this month is a rambling romp through gay musicals, some with deep history, some quite rare, some for fun, and many you just may have missed. I covered 33 of them, Enjoy!

Part 1 – 59:19
A Perfectly Normal Boy – Just a Little Kid Who Likes Showtunes (2008)
Let My People Come – I’m Gay (1974)
Let My People Come – Take Me Home With You (1974)
Let My People Come – And She Loved Me (1974) 1
Laissez Venir Le Monde – Je Suis Gai (1982)
Oh Gay – Travestiti (1979)
Side by Side By Sondheim – Could I Leave You? (1976)
In Gay Company – Sondheim (1984)
Gulp! – Here We Are / Hand Out the Leaflets (1976)
Sparkles – Steppin’ Out With the Boys (1981)
Sparkles – Take Back Your Whips (1981)
Sit On It & Swivel – Finale (1985)
Cleavage – Boys Will Be Girls (1981)
Pageant – Introduction / Natural Born Females (1997)
The Wild Party – Old Fashioned Love Song (2000)

Part 2 – 62:39
Bed Boys & Beyond – Gay Today (2000)
Bed Boys & Beyond – Mr. Right (2000)
Bed Boys & Beyond – Bed Boys & Beyond (2000)
Cruisin’ – The Evening After (1995)
Marry Me – Marry Me (2011)
Damon Intrabartola comment (2008)
Bare the Musical – You & I (2007)
Glory Days – My Three Best Friends (2009)
Glory Days – Open Road (2009)
Glory Days – The Thing About Andy (2009)
The Ballad of Little Mikey – Tap (1994)
Miss Folk America – Intro / Queer in Revere (2000)
Trolls – Back in the Gay Old Days (2005)
Forbidden Broadway – Audition Sequence (1984)
Forbidden Broadway Strikes Back – Too Gay for You, Too Het’ro for Me (1997)
Big Gay Musical – I Want to Be a Slut (2009)
Big Gay Musical – God Loves Gays (2009)
Little House on the Ferry – We’re on Fire Island (2011)

Part 3 – 62:55
Freeway Dreams - Bette Davis Chorus (1992)
Billy Barnes – Ambivalent (1976)
The Gay Nineties Musical – The Gay Nineties (1995)
Joseph McCarthy Is Alive and Living in Dade County – Who Have You Loved Today? (1977)
Only Heaven Knows- Without Him (1995)
Only Heaven Knows – Only Heaven Knows (1995)
A Cruise Line – And Then You Smiled (2012)
Lovers – Celebrate / Somehow I’m Taller / The Trucks / Lovers (1974)
Dirty Dreams of a Clean-Cut Kid – (1990)
 - Blends in a Blur / Waiting for the Lab Report
 - Dirty Dreams of a Clean-Cut Kid
 - Uncle Sammy
 - San Francisco Leather Daddy
 - June in San Francisco
 - Those Who Remain
When Pigs Fly – Prologue / When Pigs Fly / A Patriotic Finale (1997)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/may2012.html

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com
http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com
http://queermusicheritage-theblog.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/QMH101

All segments of both shows are archived.
That’s 12+ years of very gay music.