[OutVoice] QMH for March – Love Is A Drag, German Music and More

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Fri Mar 2 14:38:34 CST 2012

QMH for March – Love Is A Drag, German Music and More
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/mar2012.html

Three very different segments this month. First, I uncover a 50 year-old music mystery, revealing the name of the singer of the first full music album of lyrically gay material, including a delightful interview with my inside source. Next is a sampling of quite obscure queer rare songs. And, Part 3, a quick history of German GLBT music, in German.

Part 1 – 58:48
Gene Howard – Mad About the Boy (1962)
Murray Garrett Interview
Gene Howard – My Man (1962)
Gene Howard – The Man I Love (1962)
Stan Kenton Orchestra, w/ Gene Howard – She’s Funny That Way (1945)
Gene Howard – He’s Funny That Way (1962)
Gene Howard – He’s My Guy (1962)
Gene Howard – The Boy Next Door (1962)
Gene Howard – Jim (1962)
Gene Howard – Bill (1962)
Gene Howard – Can’t Help Lovin’ That Man (1962)

Part 2 – 61:56
Sweet Inspirations – Sweet Inspiration (1968)
Estelle Brown – You Got Just What You Asked For (1964)
Estelle Brown - Stick Close (1964)
Bernard Hardison – Too Much (1955)
Bernard Hardison – Love Me Baby (1953)
Spiders – Witchcraft (1956)
Finnimo – Just Ask for What You Want (1961)
The Four Jokers – Mahu from Whipahu (~1953)
Betty Thornton – Vice Versa (~1946)
Frances Faye – Shut Your Mouth for Uncle Sam (1942)
Tiny Davis – I Never Get Tired of Doing It (1949)
Duke Hunter – The Bartender (1962)
The Miracles – He Don’t Care About Me (1962)
Simon’s Secrets – Naughty Boy (1968)
Paul McCartney – Goodbye (1969, demo)
Bobby Dell – My Doctor (1959)
Bruz Fletcher – My Doctor (1935)
Peter Greenwell – I First Met Noel Coward (1995)
Peter Greenwell - Mad About the Boy (1995)
Electric Church – Moral Majority (1981)
Lea Delaria – Over the Rainbow (1984, live)

Part 3 – 75:36
Orchester mit Refraingesang – Das Lila Lied (1921)
Ute Lemper – The Lavender Song (1997)
Marlene Dietrich & Margo Lion – Wenn die Beste Freundin (1928)
Johnny Delgada – Wir Zwei, Wir Sind Nicht Die Andern (1970)
Sonny Costa – Homo Joe (1970)
Marcel Andre - Männer so wie Du und Du (1970)
Marcel Andre – Gewerkschaftstango (early 1970’s)
Andre Heller – Denn Ich Will (1973)
Brühwarm – Tango (1977)
Detlev – Dieter (1975)
Detlev – Kerls Kerls Kerls (1976)
Flying Lesbians – Wir Sind die Homosexuellen Frauen (1975)
Lysistrara – Coming Out (1979)
Witch Is Witch – Beziehungsterror (1979)
Warmer Südwind – Die Liebe Familie (1976)
D.A.F. - Der Räuber Und Der Prinz (1981)
Carolina Brauckmann – Lesbian Age (1982)
Rita Jane – Lesbos (1979)
Mary & Gordy - Der Star aus Der Palomabar (1981)
Frank Christoph - Von Mann zu Mann (1983)
Dieter Thomas Kuhn - Ich will 'nen Cowboy als Mann (2006)
Pierre Andre - Ich Bin Schwul (2009)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/mar2012.html

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com
http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com

All segments of both shows are archived.
That’s 12+ years of very gay music.