[OutVoice] Pride On Screen 2012

Greg Gordon greggordon2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 19:02:56 CST 2012

= Happy 2013! =
"THIS WAY OUT: the international lesbian & gay radio magazine"
Program #1,292 - distributed 12/31/12
Airs on more than 200 local stations around the world -
Check the "Affiliate Stations" list on our website, or
 listen now via our free podcasts at www.thiswayout.org*, or on iTunes.
*http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/program/65257
(hosted this week by Greg Gordon and produced with
Steve Pride and Lucia Chappelle)
With copious clips and comments by their makers,
our multi-award-winning entertainment reporter Steve Pride offers his
annual picks of the best LGBT-inclusive moving images on big and small
screens during the past 12 months in "PRIDE ON SCREEN 2012"

=> "NewsWrap", our regular LGBT newscast segment, returns next week. <=

-The global struggle for LGBT equality in 2012 was also reflected in the year's motion pictures and on television.  With copious clips and comments by their makers, "This Way Out's" multi-award-winning entertainment reporter STEVE PRIDE recalls some of the LGBT moving images that moved him most during the past 12 months in "PRIDE ON SCREEN 2012". First, gays and lesbians on TV -- and increasingly on the *new* small screen, including tablets and smart phones – with clips from "MODERN FAMILY", "GAYS ANATOMY" and Steve's fave, "THE OUTS" (with comments by New York City-based writer/director/actor ADAM GOLDMAN) [www.theouts.tv]. Steve then counts down his Top Ten Movies Of The Year: (#10) "WISH ME AWAY", with a clip and comments by the film's subject, CHELY WRIGHT; (#9) "THE MOST FUN I'VE EVER HAD WITH MY PANTS ON", with a clip and comments by writer/director/star DREW DENNY; (#8) "GOING DOWN IN LA-LA LAND", with a clip and comments by
 writer/director/co-star CASPER ANDREAS and lead actor MATTHEW LUDWINSKI; (#7) "FROM HOLLYWOOD TO DOLLYWOOD", with a clip and comments by filmmakers GARY & LARRY LANE;(#6) "ANY DAY NOW", with a clip and comments by actor ALAN CUMMING; (#5) "GAYBY", with a clip and comments by writer/director/co-star JONATHAN LISECKI; (#4) "HOW TO SURVIVE A PLAGUE", with a clip and comments by documentarian DAVID FRANCE; (#3) "LAURENCE ANYWAYS", with comments by writer/director/producer XAVIER DOLAN; (#2) "VITO", with a clip and comments by documentarian JEFFREY SCHWARZ; and (#1) "KEEP THE LIGHTS ON", with a clip and comments by writer/director IRA SACHS.[www.prideonscreen.com]
"This Way Out" is a U.S. tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit under the corporate name of OVERNIGHT PRODUCTIONS (INC.), and is supported by grants from the Yavanna Foundation and the Kicking Assets Fund of the Tides Foundation, and donations from our generous listener-supporters.
Thank you!
=> Please log on to thiswayout.org to add your support [a tax-deductible charitable donation in the U.S.].  We really can't go on without you!
On the air since April 1988, "This Way Out" is the multi-award-winning internationally distributed weekly gay and lesbian radio news magazine. The program currently airs on more than 200 local community radio stations around the world, globally distributed at www.radio4all.net, www.indymedia.org, to Pacifica Radio station affiliates in North America, and in Australia via the Community Radio Network.  Listeners can also hear "This Way Out" through our podcasts at thiswayout.org; across Europe, Africa/the Middle East, and Asia/Pacific regions on the World Radio Networks (wrn.org); and on audio CD by individual subscription. For lots of other information about "This Way Out" please visit www.thiswayout.org, email TWOradio at aol.com, or write to P.O. Box 38327, Los Angeles, CA 90038-0327.
********** Thank you for $upporting "This Way Out"! **********