[OutVoice] Somewhere, Over the Internet....is my new QMH Show...:)

J. D. Doyle jddoyle at qmh101.com
Fri Aug 3 13:42:52 CDT 2012

QMH for August – Music Inspired by “The Wizard of Oz”

http://www.queermusicheritage.com/aug2012.html

This show is dedicated to Music inspired by the movie “The Wizard of Oz,”
and Part 1 includes a special interview with Fred Barton, creator of the
1986 LP “Miss Gulch Returns.”

Part 2 features original songs on the theme by Friends of Dorothy.

Part 1 – 58:26

Miss Gulch Returns – You’re the Woman I’d Wanna Be (1986)

Fred Barton Interview

Miss Gulch Returns – I’m a Bitch

Miss Gulch Returns – Born on a Bike

Miss Gulch Returns – Everyone Worth Taking

Miss Gulch Returns – Pour Me a Man

Miss Gulch Returns – It’s Not My Idea of a Gig

Miss Gulch Returns, 20th Anniversary (2004) – I Can Be an Icon Too

Miss Gulch Returns – Pour Me a Man, Part II

Miss Gulch Returns – Everyone Worth Taking Part II / Finale

Part 2 – 62:54

Elton John – Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973)

Mark Weigle – Oz (1998)

Roger Kuhn – No Place Like Home (2006)

Kevin Wood – The Tinman (2002)

Nan Collie – Wings of Song (1991)

Paula Walowitz – Oz (1990)

Ann Reed – Hole in the Day (1993)

Dorothy’s Travels soundtrack – We’re Going to the City (2003)

Sparkles soundtrack – La La Land (1981)

Scissor Sisters – Return to Oz (2004)

Chainsaw Kittens – Dorothy’s Last Fling (1996)

Anthony Whitaker – All in Good Time (2003)

What Time Is It, Mr Fox – Song for the Tinman (2005)

Allison Tartalia – Mr Wizard (2000)

Allison Tartalia – Dorothy’s Reply (2002)

Cris Williamson – Surrender Dorothy (1982)

Michael Holland – Surrender Dorothy (1996)

John Barrowman – The Doctor and I (2010)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at

http://www.queermusicheritage.com/aug2012.html

Thanks for listening,

JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com

http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com

http://queermusicheritage-theblog.blogspot.com/

https://www.facebook.com/QMH101

All segments of both shows are archived.

That’s 12.6 years of very gay music.