[OutVoice] LGBTI Artists with Music Videos~ Submit NOW to the RightOutTV Music Video Awards!

Pink Productions pinkproductions at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 3 12:10:54 CDT 2011

             RightOutTV Launches First Music Video Awards for LGBTI Artists

RightOutTV co-producers Marlee Walchuk and Tully Callender are excited to announce the online music video channel's First Music Video Awards Contest for LGBTI Out artists.

Openly queer singer/songwriters from around the globe may submit videos to be voted upon by a prestigious panel of professionals in the Music & Arts industries beginning Sept. 1, 2011. Deadline for submissions is Sept. 30, 2011.

Judges' nominees in each category will be announced October 30th and winners will be announced Nov. 27. In the special category of RightOutTV Fan Fave, voting will begin Oct.7 and close on Nov. 7.

RightOutTV.com is the web's first global 24-hour streaming video channel and promotional website for Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender & Intersex artists. With the launch of its Music Video Awards Contest featuring an esteemed panel of judges,

RightOutTV underscores its commitment to raising awareness and promoting the talent of Out queer artists worldwide.

"We've commissioned 22 successful, well respected professionals from press, film, music promotion, publishing and radio, including music producers from both the gay and the straight communities as our judges," says Producer Marlee Walchuk.

"Exposure to a panel of judges of this caliber will be immensely beneficial to these talented Out artists," she says.

Some of the RightOutTV Music Video Awards Judges:

·        Grammy Award-winning producer Clif Magness, whose list of production and writing credits includes Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, Celine Dion and Adam Lambert.

·         Emmy Award winners Ben Hollis and Charlotte Robinson.

·         Curve Magazine Editor Merryn Johns

·          Author, director and former editor of The Advocate, Anne Stockwell.

RightOutTV will present awards in 13 categories including Best Live Performance, Best Video, Most Moving Video, Best Comic Twist, Best Pop/Rock Video, Best Dance/Electronic Video, Best Folk/Roots/Jazz Video, Best Hip Hop/Urban/R&B Video and Fan Fave Video.

"We have also created two levels of performance within each category - Pro and Do It Yourself (DIY)," says Walchuk "Music videos created at the Pro level will, for example, perhaps include a director and a high budget."

Music videos created on a smaller budget and without the help of other professionals will be entered in the DIY category.

"Many of our RightOutTV artists and other Out musicians and bands who will be competing for these awards have produced some incredibly creative video performances using little more than a camera held by their best friends," Walchuk said.

Walchuk and Callender of the music duo Sugarbeach launched RightOutTV In November 2010 after realizing there were few places to release their own queer -messaged music videos. The women - married to each other - also saw a need for more unity in the LGBTI music community. RightOutTV was created as a vehicle to serve both these purposes and to provide a fully-developed promotional website for LGBTI artists.

In less than a year, Walchuk and Callender have significantly boosted the profiles of more than 100 Out artists, at no cost to the artists themselves. RightOutTV also provides cross-promotional social networking on Facebook and Twitter.

"RightOutTV has become what we had envisioned - a viable resource for queer and questioning youth, LGBTI people in politically challenging countries and an easily accessible outlet for Pride festivals and event coordinators to discover and recruit new talent," says Callender.

"We also saw a vital need for a place artists could share professional information such as media interview opportunities, terrestrial and online radio stations scouting for queer music and performance venues and events, such as Gay Pride, that will pay artists for their performances."

"It is our goal to encourage Out artists to create a more significant visual presence on the internet, being true to who they really are and telling their own stories through their music," says Callender.

Media Contact: Marlee Walchuk

Phone Number: 1-778-279-4554 (Vancouver, Canada)

E-mail: RightOutTV at shaw.ca

Website: RightOutTVawards.com