[OutVoice] Lisa Ben and "Vice Versa"

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 12:26:53 CST 2011

Edythe Eyde, under the pen name Lisa Ben (an anagram for ‘lesbian’), in 1947 made GLBT history by producing the very first openly gay magazine. It was intended for lesbians, and was called “Vice Versa.” There were nine monthly issues, written mostly by her, which included stories, reviews, poems and social comments. Groundbreaking indeed…As the publication should not be limited to a handful of research libraries, I have expanded my website section on her to include every issue, all 137 pages, so all can read, at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/viceversa.html
JD Doyle

http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my  Outradio  site:
http://www.outradio.com