[OutVoice] OutVoice Top 20 CD chart

Len Rogers SWS len at stonewallsociety.com
Thu May 26 14:08:19 CDT 2011

Thanks JD and Terry. I am more in line with Terry's view, just making that clear. I also do not do this for the "thanks". However there is nothing wrong with appreciation and the need or desire for that to be shown. There is no excuse for not saying thanks to fans and voters for taking their time to support. There is also no excuse for not saying thanks for air play or any promotion. To me now a lack of that appreciation clearly states the artist in question is no longer in need of my support. They certainly do not appreciate the support. Which says to them it has little or no value.
I know and understand when an artist is on the road or in schedule hell. But when they can post one promo or give one point to a promo then they can do others as well. How hard and how much time does it take to say thank you or hey look I am here???? Not much! Seems to get that appreciation in many cases you either have to make it really really hard for that artist to get material presented there or charge tons of money which also has no clear path back to the art. I have no interest in either and both are readily available elsewhere. I have always asked for a simple link back to one of the SWS/OV websites or thank your voters. I am way more interested in helping create and support a community awareness of artists who value the community, their support and input than those seeking kudos and recognition from large commercial ventures. I see this situation as an opportunity to see which is which. That way I can and will concentrate where needed and appreciated. The others have their own agendas which obviously do not fall in line with what I do. And that is all OK.
Len
Founder
StoneWall Society
www.stonewallsociety.com
www.stonewallsociety.net

Equality-Net!
www.equalitynet.net

Artists For Equality
www.artistsforequality.net artists portal open for registration
www.artistsforequality.com public portal

GLBT Artists
www.glbtartists.com

Rainbow World Radio
www.rainbowworldradio.com
GLBT Hall Of Fame
www.glbthalloffame.com
Pride In The Arts Annual Awards & Festival
www.prideinthearts.com
OutVoice The GLBT Top 40 Chart since 1996!
www.outvoice.net
www.outvoice.org