[OutVoice] OutVoice Top 20 CD chart

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Thu May 26 12:02:14 CDT 2011

Len,
  I very much sympathize with your frustration, and wish I could offer a solution, or magic motivation wand to use. To a lesser degree I see the same apathy when I post my monthly playlists, here and especially on Facebook. Usually almost every artist I play on my OutRadio shows is on Facebook, and I "tag" every one, which places the link to the playlist on their own walls. You would think this would be great for them. It's more exposure and their fans and friends can see they are getting airplay.

For a three-hour show I am lucky if I get more than five artists acknowledging or thanking me. Fortunately I am not driven by "thank you's" and just want to support the artists and give them exposure. But hey, I'm human, it's nice to know if these folks care that I've done a whole lot of work for them, in that I also archive every show, with links to their websites and scans of the CD covers. There are not many of us radio folk exclusively playing GLBT artists. So, Artists, consider showing some support for those supporting you, and in the case of the Outvoice Charts, support for other artists. It IS a win-win situation.

JD Doyle
www.OutRadio.com
www.QueerMusicHeritage.com