[OutVoice] Queer Music Heritage for January 2011…11th Anniversary Show

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 14:02:52 CST 2011

Queer Music Heritage for January 2011…11th Anniversary Show

http://www.queermusicheritage.com/jan2011.html

This month I’m bringing you “Cris Williamson: The Early Years.” Cris is of course iconic for her 1975 release “The Changer and the Changed,” which helped Olivia Records really get the Women’s Music Movement off the ground. But many of her fans may know that there is a music history to be told that pre-dates Olivia Records, by about ten years. This goes back to her high school years in Wyoming, where she released three albums on the Avanti label. As only around 500 copies of each were pressed these albums are very rare, so this is the music of Cris Williamson you may not be able to hear, and the reason for this show.

Part 1 – 58:10
Cris Williamson – Yesterday (1966)
Cris Williamson – All My Trials (1964)
Cris Williamson – 500 Miles (1964)
Cris Williamson – The House of the Rising Sun (1964)
Cris Williamson – What Have They Done to the Rain? (1964)
Cris Williamson – Hangman (1964)
Cris Williamson – White Dove (1964)
Cris Williamson – West Wind (1964)
Cris Williamson – It Ain’t Me Babe (1965)
Cris Williamson – I’m Not Sayin’ (1965)
Cris Williamson – Today (1965)
Cris Williamson – More (1965)
Cris Williamson – Daddy You’ve Been On My Mind (1966)
Cris Williamson – Mr Tambourine Man (1966)
Cris Williamson – Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out (1966)
Cris Williamson - The Very Last Day (1966)
Cris Williamson – The Last Thing On My Mind (1966)
Cris Williamson – Changes (1966)
Cris Williamson – Hurry Sundown (1966)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/outjan11.html

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com
http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com
All segments of both shows are archived.