[OutVoice] [NYC gig] Oct 18 @ Joe's Pub

Davieclem1 at aol.com Davieclem1 at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 14:31:17 CDT 2010

Yes.  It's a been a while.

Briefly:

Kate Moira Ryan* and I have been working on a musical.
It's about the Weather Underground (think: political activists,
pyrotechnics, drugs, rock and nudity)
We did a little workshop performance of it in LaJolla, CA.
Now we'd like to share some of this amazing story and some of our music
with the East Coast too.

Monday, October 18
7PM
at Joe's Pub
get tickets here:
http://www.joespub.com/component/option,com_shows/task,view/Itemid,40/id,541
6
(212) 539-8778 if you'd like to reserve a table.

Performers include:
Bridget Everett, Hanna Cheeks, Rob Bailey, Erin Murphy Bailey and a few
more ...

Our portion of the show is scheduled to last 50 minutes. Then KENNY MELLMAN
(one of the masterminds behind Kiki & Herb, At Least It's Pink and Our Hit
Parade) will take over and share his latest masterpiece.

Our Weatherman segment will include most of the music from the first act of
the show with truncated book scenes to give you a sense of the story line.
It will be the first performance of anything from this show on the East
Coast and really the second performance of most of this material.

What I'm really saying is: you're bound to get your $18's worth.

In other news:
Rob Bailey & I have been hard at work on a new CD for a while now.  I'll
tell you all about that, and the frankly remarkable roster of talent involved
soon and in graphic, exacting detail.  Wouldn't want to overwhelm you right
now.

Thanks, and be in touch.
David Clement

*Kate Moira Ryan is the award winning author of The Beebo Brinker
Chronicles, 25 Questions for a Jewish Mother, Hadley's Mistake and a slew of other
dramatic milestones.