[OutVoice] QMH for September 2010 – Lesbians On Cassette

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Fri Sep 3 20:47:49 CDT 2010

QMH for September 2010 – Lesbians On Cassette, Part 2
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/sep2010loc.html

How DOES he do it? Three hours of obscure lesbian music from 1975 through 1996. I can just see folks lining up to hear this one! The criteria was that an artist's recording could ONLY have been released on cassette tape, Not on vinyl or CD, or later reissued on CD. So this is entirely the releases of independent artists, and most of these releases never had a prayer of getting played on the radio. And, no I didn’t learn my lesson…this is actually the second edition of “Lesbians on Cassette”…did it the first time in November of 2008. So this is another show overflowing with history.

Part 1 – 57:03
Paula Walowitz – Music (1990)
Galloway & Lee – Something Special (1990)
Second Wind – It’s Time To Let Go (1990)
Petronella – The Too Long Song (1994)
Gayle Marie – Love’s Got a Hold on Me (1984)
Linda Severt – Cleanin’ (1993)
Venus Envy – Venus (1990)
Chandler & Ripley – I Survived a Femme (1993)
Chandler & Ripley – Show Me Where It Hurts (1993)
Solid Ground – Solid Ground (mid-80s)
Ginni Clemmens – Best Friend (1975)
Nan Collie – Wings of Song (1991)
Nan Collie & Maureen Kelly – I’m a Teacher (1992)
Linda & The Family Values Band – They’ll Get You Anyway (1992)
Wmyprov – Ballot Measure Number 9 (1992)
Destiny – Lesbian Lover (1992)

Part 2 – 62:00
Narissa Bond – What Does Love Mean (1996)
Lisa Koch & Julie Wolf – Hello In There (1991)
Lisa Koch & Julie Wolf – Naral, Naral (1991)
Venus Envy – She’s Not There (1990)
Girls In The Nose – Starpower (1990)
Karen Hellyer – Hangin’ With the Boys (1993)
Monica Grant – PMS (1989)
Cowgirl Sweethearts – Monogamy (1994)
Wyrd Sisters – The Faucet (1992)
Melanie Monsur – Blues on the Run (1987)
Jane Howard – Look at What the Cat Just Dragged In Blues (1983)
Jane Howard – Mama (1979)
Sienna – Bedtime Stories, The Layover (1986)
Joyce Zymeck – Sip of Water (1998)
DJ Adler – Woman, My Lovely Woman (1982)
Destiny – Homophobic Blues (1992)

Part 3 – 62:48
Bobbi Carmitchell – Over the Rainbow (1987)
Janis Ian – Commercials (1994)
Janis Ian – All the Way Home (1996)
Zonna – Straight (1995)
Musica Femina – New Beginnings (1984)
Musica Femina – April Toye (1985)
Jamie Anderson – Where the Water Runs Deep (1986)
Girls In The Nose – Hey, Chastity (1992)
Linda Moakes – Cool Fetus / Affirmations (1987)
Leah Zicari – Martina (1990)
DJ Adler – Politically Correct (1982)
Tracey Rose – Lesbian Rap (1996)
Chandler & Ripley - #1 (1993)
Margie Adam – I’ve Got a Fury (1977)
New Haven Night Angels – We’re Going to Make It (1977)
Izquierda – Blue Eyed Sister (1977)
Destiny – It’s Alright (1992)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/sep2010loc.html

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com
http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com

And co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 200 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
All segments of all three shows are archived.
That’s over ten years of very gay music.