[OutVoice] [NYC gig] This Monday, Oct 18 at Joe's Pub

Davieclem1 at aol.com Davieclem1 at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 09:14:15 CDT 2010

"Last year, the prestigious LaJolla Playhouse begged David Clement to
perform a workshop of Weatherman, a musical he's cowritten with award winning
playwright Kate Moira Ryan*. The crowd was shocked and awed by his songs
promoting drug use and free love. Also last year, Kenny Mellman was rejected by
the BMI Lehman Engel Musical Theater Workshop. Was it the song about abortion
or the murder of a gay sailor? Come find out and see this smorgasborg of ta
lent!"

Monday, October 18
7PM
at Joe's Pub
get tickets here:
http://www.joespub.com/component/option,com_shows/task,view/Itemid,40/id,541
6
(212) 539-8778 if you'd like to reserve a table.

Performers include:
Bridget Everett (At Least It's Pink, Our Hit Parade, We've Got Tonight, and
you might recognize her from Sex In The City),
Hanna Cheek (Waterwell Theater and her band Bambi),
Rob Bailey (he's played with Aerosmith and Mandi Moore just to give you an
idea),
Erin Murphy Bailey (previously Erin Evermore),
Louis Pardo: All the way from C A
and let's not forget: SIR Michael Winther

Our portion of the show is scheduled to last 50 minutes. Then KENNY MELLMAN
(one of the masterminds behind Kiki & Herb, At Least It's Pink and Our Hit
Parade) will take over and share his latest masterpiece.

Our Weatherman segment will include most of the music from the first act of
the show with truncated book scenes to give you a sense of the story line.
It will be the first performance of anything from this show on the East
Coast and really the second performance of most of this material.

What I'm really saying is: you're guaranteed to get your $18's worth.
David Clement

*Kate Moira Ryan is the award winning author of The Beebo Brinker
Chronicles, 25 Questions for a Jewish Mother, Hadley's Mistake and a slew of other
dramatic milestones.