[OutVoice] QMH for October 2010

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 1 13:04:39 CDT 2010

QMH for October 2010
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/oct2010.html

>From time to time on Queer Music Heritage I like to feature songs that don't really fit into any theme, so this is another one of my “Songs I've Been Meaning To Play” shows. It's Volume #10. And I'm digging especially deep into the music of Tiny Davis, Dick Kallman, MCC Choirs, Polly Perkins, Jimmie Daniels, David Clement, and many more.

Part 1 – 57:13
Tiny Davis – Race Horse (1949)
Tiny Davis – Draggin’ My Heart Around (1949)
Tiny Davis – How About That Jive (1949)
Art Rupe – comments on Alex Bradford (1998)
Alex Bradford – Too Close to Heaven (1953)
Alex Bradford – One Step (1962)
San Diego MCC – A New Song (1976)
L.A. MCC – We Shall Overcome (1973)
Rev. Troy Perry and L.A. MCC Choir – remarks / One God (1973)
Washington DC MCC – Keep Walkin’ (1991)
Washington DC MCC – Something Inside So Strong (1996)
Hank Theme Song (1965)
Dick Kallman – I Cry to the Moon (1957)
Dick Kallman – Say It Isn’t So (1963)
Dick Kallman – You’re the One (1965)
Coasters – Yakety Yak (1958)
The Ermines – Peek, Peek-a-Boo (1955)
The Flairs – In Self Defense (1956)
Cornell Gunter – Rope of Sand (1962)
Judy Reagan – Hollywood Haircut (1983)

Part 2 – 60:11
Polly Perkins – You Too Can Be a Beatle (1964)
Polly Perkins – Falling In Love Again (1964)
The Academy – Girl in the Mirror (1969)
The Academy – Polly Perkins Loves Georgia Brown (1969)
Polly Perkins – Coochi-Coo (1973)
Polly Perkins – Cindy (1973)
Polly Perkins – Superdyke (1976)
Judy Reagan – Dyke (1983)
Lynn Thomas – Dykes (1991)
Edna Thomas – G’wine Lay Down Mah Burden (1928)
Jimmie Daniels – Music In My Heart (1934)
Jimmie Daniels – Miss Otis Regrets (1934)
Jimmie Daniels – Chez Moi (1983)
Jimmie Daniels – I’m Glad I’m Not Young Anymore (1983)
Jimmy Rogers – Man About Town (1935)
Jimmy Rogers – Cellini (1935)
Hutch – Cole Porter Medley (1938)
Jak Parti – Uncle (1950)
Steve Mason – A Good Man Is Hard to Find (1967)

Part 3 – 61:34
Sandy Beech – Leather Jacket Lovers (1960s)
Pansy Division – Femme in a Black Leather Jacket (1991)
Smokey – Leather (1976)
Maxx Mann – Leather Man (1982)
Dorian – Men’s Room (1976)
Dora & Daserne – The Love That Dare Not Speak Its Name (1972)
Everyone Involved – Gay Song (1972)
Steve Douglas – And the Boys Lazed on the Verandah (late 70s)
Lou Christie – And the Boys Lazed on the Verandah (1970)
Husker Du – Makes No Sense At All (1985)
Husker Du – Love Is All Around (1985)
Opal Foxx Quartet – Love Is All Around (1993)
Kit Kats – That You Love (1971)
David Clement – Old Men (1999)
David Clement – Angry Young Fag (1995)
David Clement – The Jeff Stryker Song (1996)
David Clement – Bound and Gagged (2002)
David Clement – Stupid (2002)
Curt Manly – Silence Equals Death (demo, 1997)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/oct2010.html

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com
http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com

And co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 200 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
All segments of all three shows are archived.
That’s almost eleven years of very gay music.