[OutVoice] The Wavos' first video!

Gordon P. Smith gosmith at nyc.rr.com
Sun May 16 15:22:28 CDT 2010

New things are happening in Wavoland!

*) First, the world premier of The Wavos on video. It’s a live performance
of “I Will Show You Mine”, from our May 7th show at the Parkside Lounge.
Huge thanks to our good friend, the director/filmographer/playwright Roland
Tec, who stopped by and shot this great footage:
	http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w88TIFgXbcw

*) Second, our next live show will be at Port 41 (formerly “La Fleur”), 355
W. 41st St., on Saturday, June 5th. Starting at 10:00 pm.

*) Finally, this fantastic review of our Wave Crazed EP, from
http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/23/1435127/bands-still-believe-in-cd-as-a.
html:

THE SUN NEWS
Friday, Apr 23, 2010
Streaming sounds | Bands still believe in CD as a tool
By Chris Mowder

The Wavos
"Wave Crazed EP"

Having been too young to catch the New Wave craze the first time, it took me
a long time to discover the stripped down synth beats and quirky, monotone
lyrics of the genre. However, after stumbling upon some Talking Heads and
giving myself a crash course in amazing albums by Devo, Oingo Boingo,
Squeeze and Peter Gabriel, I've become a big fan of both classic and New New
Wave including bands like Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party, Interpol and The
Killers.

That said, it's really great to see a band like The Wavos continuing the New
Wave tradition by combining both the classic and modern forms and crafting
them into their own form of alternative power pop.

The band members, longtime musical collaborators "Major" Joe Bace, Gordeon
Smyth and Tone Maul, all honed their skills as part of the New York City
scene throughout the '80s and '90s before forming as The Wavos and bringing
their act south to the beach. Since then they have garnered a reputation as
energetic performers known for their extensive list of New Wave covers - but
make no mistake, these guys are more than a cover band.

On "Wave Crazed" they offer a small, yet memorable collection of original
tracks including the danceable lead track "I Must Be Crazy" and the
fancifully frenetic "Aerobic Commuting." For those who want to truly immerse
themselves in this old-school vibe, tracks like "I Will Show You Mine,"
"Tribe Girl" and "Normal Girls" will make you think it's 1982 all over
again.

Buy it | Available on iTunes and CDBaby, or www.thewavos.com.
See them live | Saturday night at Drink!, 503 Eighth Ave. N. Cover is $5.
Call 916-2277 for details.

© 2010 TheSunNews.com and wire service sources. All Rights
Reserved. http://www.thesunnews.com

Cheers y’all!
– Joe, Goredon & Tone

Goredon Smith