[OutVoice] QMH for March- Queer Nation: The Music & The Politics – Then & Now

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 11:16:52 EST 2010

QMH for March- Queer Nation: The Music & The Politics – Then & Now
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/mar2010.html

This month’s show is called “Queer Nation: The Music & The Politics – Then & Now,” and Part 1 includes interviews with members of the band Queer Conscience, which was very much inspired by the politics of Queer Nation; Ray Hill, Houston’s pioneering gay activist; and the very political and talented artist, Scott Free. Part 2 brings things up to date with transwoman musician Michelle Garcia; and lesbian singer/songwriter Melissa Li and transman slam poet Kit Yan of the band Good Asian Drivers. I think it’s the most “political” music show I’ve ever done, honoring an important area of our history.

Part 1 – 71:39
Queer Conscience – It’s a Queer Nation (1992)
Scott Free – Act Up Fight Back (2008)
Ray Hill Interview (2010)
Queer Conscience Interview: Rick Cresswell & Jamie Pierce
Queer Conscience – Gonna Eat My Way to Heaven (1992)
Queer Conscience – Queerly Beloved (1992)
Queer Conscience – A Sunrise That Stays (1992)
Queer Conscience – A Stranger’s Face (1992)
Queer Conscience – When the Time Is Right (1995)
Queer Conscience – Everyone Knows (1992)
Queer Conscience – Some In Silence (1992)
Queer Conscience – Save Our Children (1992)
Queer Conscience – Outside Information (1993)
Queer Conscience – Harvey (The Ballad of Harvey Milk) (1993)
Queer Conscience – A Wonder (1995)
Queer Conscience – Marchin’ in Southie (1995)
Justine Sullivan comment (1996)
Queer Conscience – Your ‘Coming Out’ Day (1995)
Queer Conscience – Gay Music (1995)

Part 2 – 65:42
VonTanner – Queer Nation (2005)
Michelle Garcia Comments (2010)
Michelle Garcia – San Francisco Queers (2009)
Michelle Garcia – Transwoman (2009)
Good Asian Drivers Interview: Melissa Li & Kit Yan
Melissa Li – 2 Seconds Away (2008)
Melissa Li – Extra (2008)
Melissa Li – Dance America (2008)
Good Asian Drivers – On The Road With You (2009)
Good Asian Drivers – For Our Daughters (2009)
Good Asian Drivers – Here’s To You (2009)
Good Asian Drivers – My Boy (2009)
Kit Yan – Tranny Shack (2008, Kit Yan Live)
Good Asian Drivers – Third Gender (2009)
Good Asian Drivers – Queer Nation (2009)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/mar2010.html

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

http://www.OutRadio.com
http://www.QueerMusicHeritage.com

And co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 200 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
All segments of all three shows are archived.