[OutVoice] KlezBiGay Pride, Tues 6/15 NYC: MC Jennifer Miller (Circus Amok) & Isle of Klezbos - FREE! 12th annual

Eve Sicular sicular at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 12:07:02 CDT 2010

Twelfth annual KlezBiGay Pride Show:
*
“Back to the Garden” at El Sol Brilliante
Tuesday, June 15*
Featuring* Isle of Klezbos* all-female klezmer sextet,
and special guest *Jennifer Miller of Circus Amok* as juggling &
gender-bending MC!
In the East Village's beautiful *El Sol Brilliante Garden**
East 12th St (south side) between Avenues A & B, NYC
*7:00 PM - 9:00 PM*, FREE & open to the public
(*For rain location, call 212-475-4544)

*El Sol Brilliante* with photos of phantasmagorical garden fence by artist
Julie Dermansky:
http://evpcnyc.org/elsolsr/index.html
*El Sol Brilliante Garden* [established 1973!], description with
neighborhood street map:
http://www.opengreenmap.org/fr/greenmap/nyc-east-village-loisaida-community-gardens-tour-3/sol-brillante-6758

*Isle of Klezbos website:*  http://metropolitanklezmer.com/islebios.html
*Isle of Klezbos on MySpace: * http://myspace.com/klezbos
*Isle of Klezbos on Facebook:* Facebook
http://facebook.com/pages/Isle-of-Klezbos/142046046813?ref=mf
*
Twitter*   @klezbigal

with *MC Jennifer Miller*, gender-juggling ringleader of *Circus Amok*
http://circusamok.org

*ISLE OF KLEZBOS*:
*Pam Fleming* - trumpet, flugellhorn & kudu shofar
*Melissa Fogarty* - vocals
*Debra Kreisberg* - clarinet & alto saxophone
*Saskia Lane* - upright bass
*Shoko Nagai* - accordion
*Eve Sicular* - drumset & dumbeq; bandleader
*
“KlezBiGay Pride Show: Back to the Garden”* is made possible in part with
public funds from *The Fund for Creative Communities*, supported by *The New
York State Council on the Arts* and administered by the *Lower Manhattan
Cultural Council*. Fiscal sponsor *JFREJ: Jews for Racial & Economic Justice
*
*
ISLE OF KLEZBOS*, NYC’s soulful, fun-loving powerhouse all-gal klezmer
sextet, approaches tradition with irreverence and respect. Since their 1998
hometown debut, Isle of Klezbos has toured from Vienna to Vancouver, playing
Seattle's Bumbershoot, St Louis’ Edison Theatre, Boston’s Keshet Cabaret,
Brooklyn's BAM cafe and Austria's KlezMORE Festival, with broadcast
appearances including CNN, PBS, WFMU, Northeast Public Radio, plus studio
sessions for The L Word as well as a certain Grammy-nominated,
multi-platinum glam pop band. Isle of Klezbos hosts and performs at
KlezBiGay Pride shows each June, with past venues including Joe’s Pub, City
Winery, Vienna’s Porgy & Bess nightclub, Barbes Brooklyn, and our first
KlezBiGay Pride at CB’s Gallery [acoustic sister club of the late lamented
CBGB] in 1999. This year we are pleased to return to our East Village roots
-- once again performing in the spacious & gracious El Sol Brilliante
community garden of diverse delights, nestled with lush, creative seating --
for our twelfth annual multi-generational, multi-cultural, all-inclusive
community celebration of KlezBiGay Pride Month. As in our 2008 El Sol
Brilliante debut, Isle of Klezbos welcomes back Circus Amok’s Jennifer
Miller as our gender-juggling Mistress of Ceremony.

This show is a Time Out NY Critics Pick for Gay events, and a WNYC
"Summer-Better" choice:
http://culture.wnyc.org/events/summer-be
tter/2010/jun/15/twelfth-annual-klezbigay-pride-show/
Happy KlezBiGay Pride, hope to see you!
~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~`.~Eve
Eve Sicular | drummer, bandleader
Metropolitan Klezmer & Isle of Klezbos