[OutVoice] House Concert Saturday, July 24th

ed at edmannix.com ed at edmannix.com
Fri Jul 23 09:54:28 CDT 2010

Hi All:

As many of you know, OUTmusic and OutVoice include many artists
whose work is faith-based -- enough that both include distinct and
highly competitive categories for the annual awards. Last January, it
occurred to me that I've never invited any of these artists to present a
house concert. I'm an atheist, so why would I? Well, for one thing,
their work is more about love, acceptance, and joy. Simple as that. I
know their work well and know how much joy, encouragement, etc.
they bring to our many Communities of Faith around the country.

Saturday, July 24, 2010, one of the artists, Shawn Thomas, will
present a house concert at my place in Brooklyn.

Shawn's music is terrific, the message is strong and uplifting, and his
performance style exceptional. The best way to understand him and
his work it to visit his website which has many songs and videos.

http://www.shawnthomasonline.com

Look for the video, "You are here Lord" that has him tap dancing! I
suggested he bring his taps but...

No doubt some of you are disinterested in attending -- it's not church,
BTW, think more Amy Grant as she crossed-over to pop mainstream;
however, I'll bet all of you know someone who may really be interested
in attending. Please invite them. It gets depressing having only a few
attendees -- it's a reason I cut back on house concerts. But I love
hosting them since I get to see favorites perform without the
constraints of short sets in a noisy club and share my enthusiasm with
like minded people.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 Doors at 6:00 pm, performance at 7:00 pm
FREE (There will be a tip basket for "love offerings" for Shawn)
FREE BUFFET AND BEVERAGES Come hungry!!!

Ed Mannix
115 1st Place
Brooklyn NY 11231
718-522-6553
Please RSVP ed at edmannix.com

Ed

PS: Save the date... Sunday, August 15, 2010 An afternoon BBQ
house Concert featuring singer-songwriter and piano virtuoso Skott
Freedman.