[OutVoice] QMH for January - Holly Near Interview, & 10th Anniversary Show

jddoyle1 jddoyle1 at aol.com
Mon Jan 11 11:54:50 CST 2010

QMH for January – Holly Near Interview
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/jan2010.html

I’m celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Queer Music Heritage, and am honored to be doing that with an interview with Women’s Music icon Holly Near. You could also call the show “25 Songs With Holly Near,” as my approach was to let her tell about her musical journey by talking about many of her important recordings.

Part 1 – 58:00
Holly Near – I Ain’t Afraid (2000)
Holly Near – On the Moon (1970)
Holly Near – You Can Know All I Am (1976)
Holly Near – Imagine My Surprise (1976)
Holly Near – Nina (1976)
Holly Near – Something About the Women (1976)
Holly Near & Ronnie Gilbert – Perfect Night (1983)
Holly Near & Cris Williamson – Valentine Song (2003)
Holly Near – Simply Love (1984)
Holly Near – When We Meet In The Middle (2009)
Holly Near & Ronnie Gilbert – Singing For Our Lives (1983)

Part 2 – 77:46
Holly Near – Kids Are Gonna Love (2000)
Holly Near – Love Don’t Need a Reason (2000)
Holly Near – If It Were Up To Me (2000)
Holly Near & Cris Williamson – Mountain Song (2003)
Holly Near – Fire in the Rain (1982)
Holly Near – Singer in the Storm (1990)
Holly Near - Sky dances (1989)
Holly Near & Ronnie Gilbert – Singing With You (1987)
Holly Near – Crushed (1987)
Mary Travers & Holly Near – Home Is Where the Heart Is (1995)
Holly Near – With a Song In My Heart (1997)
Holly Near – Hattie & Mattie (2006)
Holly Near & Emma’s Revolution – Swimming to the Other Side (2009)
Holly Near & Emma’s Revolution - 1000 grandmothers (2009)
Holly Near & Seattle Men’s Chorus – Great Peach March (1996)

You can stream or download the show anytime, at
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/jan2010.html

Thanks for listening,

JD Doyle

http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 175 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also heard on Queer Voices on KPFT,
Monday nights from 9-11 pm, www.kpft.org