[OutVoice] $2500 or Else?

This Way Out tworadio at aol.com
Thu Dec 23 17:34:02 CST 2010

 Honestly, we don't really know the answer to that question. If we don't raise enough money to pay our bills between now and April, will This Way Out go off the air ... or will we come up with some creative, but drastic, solution?

For example, will we give up on our 22-year commitment to provide the show to community radio stations free of charge -- even if the voices of out and proud LGBT people are most needed in areas where struggling stations can least afford to pay?

We'd rather believe that you recognize how important it still is to provide a space on the airwaves, a presence on a medium that reaches into places the "new media" can't touch, and that you'll act to preserve this vital resource!

We thank all the friends who have responded already and brought us nearly halfway to our $5000 goal! Will you join them today with a (U.S. tax-deductible) contribution *of any amount* to push us over the top? Log on to www.thiswayout.org to donate online, or postal-mail your check to "This Way Out," P.O. Box 38327, Los Angeles, CA 90038 (USA).

BREAKING NEWS: Now you can help This Way Out by shopping at Amazon.com! Try it out right now by picking up the book Janet Mason reviewed on this week's show, "Secret Historian: The Life and Times of Samuel Steward," and we'll get 4% of your total purchase when you use our referral code. Just follow the link at our blog -- http://bit.ly/eHVID7, or click on the link to our blog at thiswayout.org.

It's the grassroots support of people like you that has made This Way Out possible since 1988. Your heeding the call now -- whether you can send $500 before year's end or pledge $10 a month starting in January -- will carry us into 2011!