[OutVoice] Sandy Rapp thanks Pride in the Arts

SandyRapp at aol.com SandyRapp at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 10:25:05 CST 2010

>From _SandyRapp.com_ (http://sandyrapp.weebly.com/)
Re Pride in the Arts: Many thanks to whomever among you  nominated me for
the Lifetime Achievement in Music Award. I rather like this,  being in the
company of Harvey Fierstein et .al.! In the Year Of Our Stonewall,  1969 I was
indeed singing at Chez Pat, a Manhattan women's bar in the  Volney Hotel.
In those days we had to stop singing and just play when a stranger  walked
in, lest it be an anti-gay SLA (State Liquor Authority) rep scouting to  send
in the cops for a raid because we couldn't have singing without a cabaret
licence. Of course all the straight bars had precisely that, but selective
enforcement was the rule, not the exception. Last month I was singing
"Everyone  Was At Stonewall" at the NOW-NYS Convention, and this month I turn 64.
So I  guess it is getting to be a lifetime; and I am starting to feel
historic :) At  any rate, thanks in advance to any of you who vote for me and; have
a  listen at _MySpace.com/sandyrapp_ (http://myspace.com/sandyrapp) .