[OutVoice] DAN MANJOVI & HIS BAND TO PERFORM IN FREE OUTDOOR CONCERTS IN NEW YORK CITY, SEPTEMBER 2010

Len Rogers SWS len at stonewallsociety.com
Tue Aug 24 11:43:05 CDT 2010

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (New York, NY - August 17, 2010)

Singer, songwriter and musician Dan Manjovi will take the stage during the month of September to perform in a series of free, open-air afternoon concerts in New York City.

On Thursday, September 2nd Dan Manjovi and His Band will appear in concert from 12 to 2:00 PM at the Plaza at 375 Park Avenue (51st Street and Park Ave.).  Manjovi's band includes David Phelps on guitar, Steve Lucas on bass, and Rodney Holmes on drums.

September 20th through the 25th, Dan will perform a week of solo piano concerts as he once again returns to Bryant Park's annual Piano In The Park noontime concert series.  The concerts take place in Bryant Park on the Upper Terrace, on the East side of the park behind the 42nd Street Library from 12:30 to 2:30 daily.

The concerts mark Manjovi's first New York City appearances in over a year. All concerts are free and open to the public.

Dan is a highly visible, critically acclaimed New York based singer songwriter, with two independently released CDs (Dan Manjovi, 2005; and Woke Up This Morning, 2008). In 2009 Manjovi's song "Somethin's Comin' My Way" was featured in the film and soundtrack for the Lionsgate/Lee Daniels film Precious: Based On The Novel Push By Sapphire.  Manjovi wrote, arranged and produced the song, which featured Grace Hightower's vocal. The song earned Dan a Pride In The Arts Award from the StoneWall Society.  Dan was a featured artist at the 2006 Tribeca Film Festival's ASCAP Music Lounge where he appeared along with John Mayer, Nellie McKay, and Elvis Costello at The Canal Room.  He appears at New York's top music venues including The Bitter End, and The Canal Room. His anthemic song "Things'll Get Better" is included in the United For The Ride, Volume I CD.

David Byrne of The Windy City Times cheers, "Manjovi has a knack for penning pop pleasures, coming across as a hybrid of Elton John, Dave Matthews and Kenny Loggins." Joe Siegel from Edge Publications states that Manjovi's music is "designed to sooth the spirit and make you think more closely about the world we live in. Manjovi has scored a major success on both counts."

Manjovi is also currently putting finishing touches on the score and libretto for a new musical comedy I AM, I WILL, I DO for which he has written the book, music and lyrics.  Readings will take place this fall with a Workshop Production scheduled for early next year.

www.DanManjovi.com Dan Manjovi Music, LLC

If you can get there will be well worth it!!!!
Len
Founder
StoneWall Society
www.stonewallsociety.com
www.stonewallsociety.net

Equality-Net!
www.equalitynet.net

Artists For Equality
www.artistsforequality.net artists portal open for registration
www.artistsforequality.com public portal

GLBT Artists
www.glbtartists.com

Rainbow World Radio
www.rainbowworldradio.com
GLBT Hall Of Fame
www.glbthalloffame.com
Pride In The Arts Annual Awards & Festival
www.prideinthearts.com
OutVoice The GLBT Top 40 Chart since 1996!
www.outvoice.net
www.outvoice.org