[OutVoice] IN THE KNOW AT "THIS WAY OUT"

tworadio at aol.com tworadio at aol.com
Fri Sep 18 00:29:06 CDT 2009

IN THE KNOW AT "THIS WAY OUT"

We've been busy since our Pride Season greeting – and so have you! We've covered many of the parades, parties, and protests for LGBT rights around the world, from the bombing of the world's largest Pride parade in Sao Paulo to the joyful celebrations in Madrid and London to the Budapest activists who braved riotous protesters ... so we thought we should also report on our own recent activities.

Kudos to "This Way Out" Tel Aviv correspondent Eran Cicurel for his outstanding exclusive report on the murderous August attack at the city's LGBT center! Eran skillfully captured the initial shock when a masked gunman opened fire on the center's youth group meeting, the grief at one impromptu memorial service, and the passion of the subsequent anti-hate rally attended by some 75,000 people. If you missed the original broadcast, you can find it and other recent programs online by clicking the "Subscribe To Our Podcast" link in the upper right-hand corner at thiswayout.org and selecting a specific show from the "Current Feed Content" list. (Each title gives you the complete program, so disregard the "Segment 1" designations.)  Thanks to almost 300 subscribers who’ve already signed up – and it’s free!

Other recent programs of note include an entertaining and challenging critique of the "gay agenda" by lesbian-feminist humorist Kate Clinton, a celebration of the 30th anniversary of the founding of the Radical Faeries, the monthly "Audiofile" segment (which
 highlights new CDs by talented LGBT musicians), and film clips and comments by director Ang Lee and stars Demetri Martin and Liev Schreiber about "Taking Woodstock."  Elliott Tiber, a central character whose book inspired the movie, also talks about how that landmark cultural event sped his journey out of the closet, and openly gay Canadian writer Wayson Choy discusses his newly published memoir “Not Yet.” And check out our coverage of the October 11th U.S. National Equality March in Washington, D.C.

You can keep abreast of all the latest LGBT news headlines by reading the text version of our weekly round-up – just click on the "NewsWrap" tab at our Web site.

We make it easy to "stay tuned" for each "This Way Out" program with an email message describing the content of that week's show. If you haven't signed up, just email TWOradio at aol.com. And rest assured that we don't sell, trade, or give your email address, or any other information about you, to anyone at any time, and we never will.