[OutVoice] Statement from Freddy Freeman on Behalf of Roy'sHideaway concering the Indiegrrl festival

Len Rogers SWS len at stonewallsociety.com
Fri Oct 9 15:33:57 EDT 2009

Hi all,
    First of all I am happy to see OutVoice utilized to address this situation. Freddy is correct this is making news in many places. The conflicting information is of concern on all sides. And the information gets even more conflicting if you follow the releases I have received. It is of the utmost importance in my opinion to get to the facts. This will benefit all. As a few releases I have been sent offer different versions, firm information I think would be assistive would be;
Were there prior problems or negative issues experienced by the campground with locals at prior events as stated in one press release?
If there were issues as described above, did the campground share that information with the organizer? Did the organizer ask for this information prior to booking?
How were those issues resolved if such issues happened?
Were necessary permit applications filed for the event on time and with necessary fees and or information?
Is the campground involved in the placing of permit requests or does the event organizer do this directly?
Does the campground provide information on needed permits for such events to organizers?
Are there any photographs of any of the harassment which has been described? In this day of cell phone news pics, just asking?
Can the Sheriff's pledge to work with the campground in the future be substantiated by an outside source? As well as the seeming welcome attitude by Sheriff?
What investigating or checking did event organizers do outside of the campground with regard to local reaction and event security?
Are there any attendees who can or will offer more information on their experience at the event?
    If I receive any answers to these questions they will either be posted here as well by the sender or I will post information as available and received at www.outvoice.net with announcements here. I am however holding posting at OutVoice till I see if there is any response to the questions. This could have negative impact not jut on the campground but future GLBT events as well. So lets get the answers and fix this while "we" still can. Safety and security at GLBT events is the responsibility of organizers and hosts. So lets do what we can to clarify and learn.

Len
Founder
StoneWall Society
www.stonewallsociety.com
www.stonewallsociety.net

Watch for Equality-Net! Coming soon.

Support Equality join this excellent site!
http://www.thedallasprinciples.org/

Rainbow World Radio
www.rainbowworldradio.com
GLBT Hall Of Fame
www.glbthalloffame.com
Pride In The Arts Annual Awards & Festival
www.prideinthearts.com
OutVoice The GLBT Top 40 Chart since 1996!
www.outvoice.net
www.outvoice.org

Real GLBT Artists and Art! Shop ArtMall at
www.stonewallsociety.net/ArtMall !