[OutVoice] URBAN PRODUCTIONS Recording Studio renovations & upgrades!

themusenyc at aol.com themusenyc at aol.com
Wed Nov 18 14:38:35 CST 2009

Hey gang -

This past month I took some downtime from music production here at URBAN PRODUCTIONS recording studio as I've been  overseeing the most extensive renovations & upgrades done here in over 4 years. (there was just so much new stuff to get my head around... ) Am happy to announce all the studio upgrades & renovations are complete and we're back up and running at full steam - better than ever!

(My apologies for any recent double-posts, spams, email mishaps as, along with the new music production software I had to get the bugs out from converting old aol/safari/ftp/yahoo identity software from old systems to new).

new URBAN PRODUCTIONS renovations & upgrades -

Renovations to the recording studio space include:
The control room now runs on it's own dedicated electric
circuitry, (which required tearing up walls & ceilings throughout!)
Additionally, over a dozen new AC outlets added around the walls.
New ceiling lighting, new ceiling fan, new rugs, shades, curtains, paint job (Persian violet!) and furniture.

Brand new and latest upgrade studio gear includes:
New Intel Quad Core Mac Computer - fully loaded

Digital Performer 7.01 - including dozens of new MOTU sounds & plugins -
Logic Pro 9
Waves Gold Bundle effects plugins

Auto-Tune
EZdrummer Suite
Battery Drum Kit Library
Freeverb
Isotope Ozone Mastering
Lounge Lizard Electric Pianos et al.
Miroslav Harmonik
MOTU  Symphonic  Instrument (piano and orchestral instruments)
Omnisphere classic analog synths
TRackS3 Mastering Suite
Guitar Rig 3
Peak Pro 5.2
Toast 10 Titanium
Sibelius 5
All Control room patch bay wiring and connections rewired.

Am still keeping (cuz i still luv the sounds) a bunch of
Vintage analog sound sources synched with new MOTU midi express 128 midi station:
Roland JV-2080 synth module
Proteus 2 orchestral instrument module
Alessis DM5 drum module
Kurzweil PC1x 88 weighted key keyboard