[OutVoice] BIG MUSIC NEWS - Dan Manjovi's song featured in Precious -CONGRATS!

Terry Christopher enterrytainer at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 10:36:58 CST 2009

I just wanted to TOOT Dan Manjovi's horn for a second...

The word is spreading about the very powerful new film Precious directed by Lee Daniels.  Our very own Dan Manjovi has a song, "Somethin's Comin' My Way" sung by Grace Hightower and stands among legendary performers Mary J. Blige, Lenny Kravitz, LaBelle, Mahalia Jackson to name a few...

Please see the official press release...CONGRATS to Dan for livin' the dream, making it happen and doing it all the while with style and class!

DAN MANJOVI SONG FEATURED ON SOUNDTRACK FOR AWARD-WINNING FILM PRECIOUS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (New York, NY – November 9, 2009)
Singer/songwriter Dan Manjovi’s song “Somethin’s Comin’ My Way” is featured on the soundtrack for the bold new Lionsgate film Precious: Based On The Novel Push By Sapphire which has dominated the movie industry with Oscar buzz for months.  “Somethin’s Comin’ My Way” is also used in the film.

Manjovi wrote “Somethin’s Comin’ My Way” at the request of the film’s director, Lee Daniels, whose previous films include Monster’s Ball (producer), Shadowboxer and The Woodsman. Manjovi explains “Grace Hightower set up a meeting with Lee. He spoke to me about the film, and his ideas for how music would be used. After reading the screenplay, I thought about how Precious Jones admires these strong iconic African-American women such as Harriet Tubman, and the first line – “on my mind Tina Turner” came into my head. After that, I knew I had the song.” “Somethin’s Comin’ My Way” was included in its demo form for the film’s premiere at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival. After Precious took the festival’s Grand Jury Prize and was optioned by Lionsgate with Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry as co-executive producers, “Somethin’s Comin My Way” was re-recorded for both the film and the soundtrack. The current version was also
 arranged and produced by Manjovi, and the featured vocal performance is by Grace Hightower, who also has a role in Precious as a social worker.

Matriarch/Geffen Records in association with Lee Daniels Entertainment, Smokewood Entertainment, Lionsgate, Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry will release the soundtrack to the prize-winning drama Precious: Based On The Novel Push By Sapphire. The soundtrack is executive produced by Lee Daniels and Mary J. Blige and is currently available online now and in stores on November 23, 2009.  The film opened in limited markets on November 6, 2009.

Other artists on the soundtrack include Mary J. Blige, Labelle, Queen Latifah, MFSB, Mahalia Jackson, Lenny Kravitz, Jean Carn, Donna Allen, Sunny Gale, Mario Grigorov and Nona Hendryx.

Manjovi is a highly visible New York based singer songwriter, with two independently released CDs (Dan Manjovi, 2005; and Woke Up This Morning, 2008). Manjovi was a featured artist at the 2006 Tribeca Film Festival's ASCAP Music Lounge where he appeared along with John Mayer, Nellie McKay, and Elvis Costello at The Canal Room.  He appears at New York's top music venues including The Bitter End, and The Cutting Room.  He also performs annually at Byrant Park’s Piano In The Park concert series.  His anthemic song “Things’ll Get Better” is currently included in the United For The Ride, Volume I CD.

David Byrne of The Windy City Times cheers, “Manjovi has a knack for penning pop pleasures, coming across as a hybrid of Elton John, Dave Matthews and Kenny Loggins.” Joe Siegel from Edge publications states that Manjovi’s music is “designed to sooth the spirit and make you think more closely about the world we live in. Manjovi has scored a major success on both counts.”

Manjovi is currently finishing the score for a new musical comedy “I Am, I Will, I Do” for which he has written the book, music and lyrics.

www.DanManjovi.com Dan Manjovi Music, LLC