[OutVoice] JGLsongs JUNE 2009 Newsletter - Pride Edition

Jon Gilbert Leavitt jon at jglsongs.com
Thu May 28 07:36:47 CDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

It¹s June, pride month - school is out and so is everyone else. The big news
this month is the official release of Pride 2009 ­ the video (now available
exclusively on iTunes), the audio single and the EP ³Pride at 40² with seven
cuts. All the info is on http://www.jglsongs.com/pride.html

Wishing you all the best,

Jon

DOWNLOAD JGLsongs JUNE Œ09 NEWSLETTER (link to .pdf):
http://jglsongs.com/JGLSongsJune09NEWSLETTER.pdf

TEXT VERSION:

ONTRACK  - JGLsongs Newsletter ­ June 2009 ­ the Pride Edition

PRIDE 2009 IS HERE
Pride 2009 the single and video are officially released ­ just in time for
June. Forty years ago, a routine police raid on the ³Stonewall Inn² prompted
a rebellion and the birth of gay rights and equality. Today, the issue is
still forefront with the recent decision to uphold Proposition 8 in
California, the ban on same-sex marriages, while states like Iowa, Maine,
Connecticut and Vermont have legalized what should be a moot legal point
anyway ­ equal rights for anyone who wants to marry; and Massachusetts has
celebrated five years of same-sex marriages on the books, and you know what,
Massachusetts still exists and the sky did not fall. In fact, Massachusetts
has the lowest divorce rate in the U.S. And its once failing economy is
getting better.

**PRIDE 2009 ­ THE VIDEO** available exclusively on iTunes at

 http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewVideo?id=317303902&s=
143441

MORENEWS

GRASSROOTS ACOUSTICS CELEBRATES PRIDE WITH A FUNDRAISING EVENT FOR RADIO
MAGAZINE ³THIS WAY OUT²

If you¹re in the L.A. Area on Sat., June 13, make your way over to ³The
Talking Stick,² 1411-C Lincoln Blvd. (@ California) in Venice for Grassroots
Acoustica¹s monthly benefit event ­ June being the Pride Edition. Jon¹s
video ³Pride 2009² will be screened among the roster of great live
entertainment hosted and organized by Mark Islam. More info on Grassroots
Acoustica, visit http://www.grassrootsacoustica.org and for more info and
how to donate to  ³This Way Out,² visit http://www.thiswayout.org

ONTHEHORIZON

Heels, the upcoming romantic comedy by Ricky Reidling (Reidling
Entertainment, and the creator of the TV series Boystown) and featuring
original score by Jon Gilbert Leavitt, will be shown at the 14th annual
North Carolina Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, August 13-15, 2009 in Durham,
NC.

The next newsletter will be in September. This summer for me will be filled
finishing up music projects, and time in London, Israel, Jordan and Fire
Island. Hope you all have a great summer.

All the best,
Jon

(NEWSLETTER NOTE: We all get tons of e-mails- personal, semi-personal,
promos and news of our financial windfalls in Nigeria. If you want off this
list, let me know...I won¹t take it personally if you¹re nice.)

Jon Gilbert Leavitt
jglsongs.com

JGLsongs LLC
music production